The Dominican Republic is a small island that packs a big punch when it comes to a vacation experience. Possessing the one of the most diverse ecosystems on the Caribbean, the Dominican Republic offers picturesque landscapes that are different, unique, and constantly changing.
Between the stunning mountain ranges, lush forests, historical architectures, not to mention the endless beaches, there’s nothing dull about this destination.
Unlike most popular resort destinations, the Dominican Republic offers a great change of scenery. While there are plenty of bars and discos along popular resort strips, this destination is definitely one that caters to travelers looking to rest and rejuvenate from the busyness of the real world.
Aside from the natural and idyllic ambiance, the cultural landscapes add vibrancy and color to the destination. Without a doubt, this island does a beautiful job in balancing the contemporary and modern world with its natural surroundings.
A few Tips:
- Depending on where you plan your vacation, peak times in visiting the Dominican Republic can vary from area to area. December and April are the best months to visit Samana and Punta Cana, while February to March is ideal for those wishing to take off to Santo Domingo.
- There are two types of police that patrol Dominican Republic: the National Police and the Tourist Police (commonly known as the ‘Politur’). The Politur can be found patrolling the resort strips and popular tourist spots. The Politur would be the main point of contact for travelers who have experienced theft, assault, or scams.
- While many employees in the tourism industry speak English fluently, Spanish is the main language spoken in this destination.
Our Top 3 Resort Picks:
- The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real – Known for its lavish amenities and contemporary landscape, this property is perfect for both adults and families looking for a luxurious getaway amongst the heart of Punta Cana.
- Iberostar Grand Bavaro Resort – Noted as TripAdvisor’s 2014 Traveller’s Choice Winner, this resort is elegant, modern, and perfect for the ultimate romantic getaway.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana – This resort is perfect for those looking for a more trendy getaway with plenty of activities and adventure.
For more information about the Dominican Republic or to book your vacation, speak to one of our Vacation Specialists today at 1-888-685-6888.