Please Note: We will be open Feb 19 from 7am to 6pm PT for the statutory holiday taking place in several provinces.

Cubaa Travel Information

Please review the information below to ensure that your vacation plans are carried out as smoothly as possible.

Documentation Requirements

All Canadian citizens must have a valid Canadian passport to enter Cuba. Passports must be valid for at least one month beyond the date of your expected departure from Cuba.

If you are holding a Canadian Diplomatic Passport (red cover) or a Canadian Special Passport (green cover), please identify this information to your travel specialist immediately as visas may be required as supporting documentation.

Citizens of other countries, please contact the Consulate General of Cuba at their offices in Toronto at 416-234-8181 or Montreal at 514-843-8897.

IMPORTANT - Children 18 and under traveling alone or with only one parent MUST have a notarized letter of authorization signed by the parent who is not traveling or if both parents are not traveling with the child, this note must be signed by both parents. Children regardless of their age require their own valid Canadian passport and tourist card.

If you are not a Canadian citizen and require assistance with documentation, please advise your vacation specialist immediately so they may provide you contact information on your nearest consulate or embassy of the country you wish to travel to for complete documentation requirements.

Citizens of other countries, please contact the Consulate General of Cuba offices in Toronto at 416-234-8181 or Montreal at 514-843-8897. It is important to remember that even though all proper documentation has been attained, your country of destination has the right to deny entry without cause or explanation.

Tourist Cards

Tourist cards will be given out on your flight or upon arrival in Cuba. The tourist card will allow the holder to stay in Cuba for 90 days from the date of entry into the country, and is valid for 1 entry into Cuba. For a stay of more than 90 days, one can request an extension of another 3 months at any tourism office in Cuba, for a maximum stay of 6 months. Tourist cards are provided by the tour operator or airline.

Cuban Currency

US currency is not accepted in Cuba including US based credit cards and travelers cheques. All goods and services in Cuba are priced in Cuban convertible pesos including transportation. Convertible pesos are equivalent to US dollars and can be purchased upon entry into Cuba.

Mandatory Medical Insurance

It is now mandatory for all Canadian citizens to show proof of medical coverage upon entering Cuba. If you currently hold extended coverage through your employment, you will need to confirm your provider is approved in Cuba to provide coverage for you. If you do not have coverage, can provide coverage with our travel insurance provider.

Departure Tax

A departure tax of 25 Cuban convertible pesos, which is equivalent to approximately $26CAD, will be collected at the airport upon your departure from Cuba.

Information on this page is subject to change without notice. For the most up to date information on entry requirements, travelers are recommended to contact the consulate or embassy of the country in which they intend to visit.

Why Choose Us


We Work for You

Our goal to make you happy! That means ensuring our travel consultants have the best product knowledge and excellent customer service. A positive customer experience is our #1 goal!


A Triple Bottom Line

Our business isn't just about profit. It's about our people and our planet as well. At Escapes we operate with a triple bottom line... people, planet and profit. Find out more.


100% Canadian eh!

We are 100% Canadian owned and operated and a equal opportunity employer. Much like Canada itself, our office is comprised of a multitude of great nationalities.