Punta Cana Destination Weddings
- Why Punta Cana
- Top Punta Cana Resorts
- Marriage Requirements
- Arguably one of the best beaches in the Caribbean
- Affordable and luxury resort options
- Multitude of excursions and activities
- A great option for travelers from the East Coast
- Direct flights from many Canadian cities
Our top picks for destination wedding resorts in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic Consulate:
Tel (416) 369-0403
Dominican Republic Embassy:
Dominican Republic Tourist Board:
Montreal: Tel (514) 499-1918, Toll Free 1-800-563-1611, email@example.com
Toronto: Tel (416) 361-2126, Toll Free 1-888-494-5050, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bride and groom must arrive in the DR at least 3 days prior to the ceremony, Sundays and holidays not included. Submit the following paperwork before the Oficialia del Estado Civil (Civil Registry Office) for the preparation of your marriage certificate. You may send photocopies in advance and bring the original with you. Note that the documents are required to be translated into Spanish by an official translator:
- Original passport with photocopy of the front page with the latest entries into the country.
- Original Birth Certificates and two copies (long version with parents' names).
- Notarized Single Status Affidavits.
- Divorce Decree or Death Certificate, if previously married. Mandatory 10 month waiting period to re-marry for bride if divorced or widowed.
- Adoption Certificate, if applicable.
- Parental Authorization, if applicable.
- Two witnesses, with valid passports. Relatives cannot be witnesses.
Legal transcripts of the birth certificates, single status affidavit and divorce certificate are usually prepared at the Dominican Consulate in the country where the documents were issued. Please note that some Canadian institutions require Dominican Marriage Certificate to be translated and legalized by the Dominican Republic Consulate in Canada. Please contact DRSI for further details.
Please visit the tourist board website for general requirements for a religious wedding.