Certified Travel Counsellor & Destination Wedding Specialist
Elizabeth was so important in helping us make our decision on where we would go, what we would be doing when we were there, and what really happens on a vacation wedding. Her funny and insightful stories let us know some of the troubles that can happen throughout the process, whether from the resort or airline, and her planning binders and emails helped keep us thoroughly organized. It definitely took the stress off things, and she used her contacts and knowledge to guide us happily to a wonderful wedding.
Elizabeth's career in travel initially started due to her love and passion for travel. She was inspired to dive into the industry of romance travel after her experience booking her first destination wedding. Elizabeth has been planning destination weddings since 2008. After years and years of learning the Dos (and don'ts) of destination wedding planning, she started her own company in 2014, creating Paradise Weddings. She is attentive to her wedding clients' vision and is committed to guiding them every step of the way, ensuring that all plans are executed perfectly. Elizabeth's love and passion for travel extends beyond her work in the industry. She is an active volunteer of Give A Mile, a Calgary-based not-for-profit organization that provides flights (through crowdfunding initiatives and the donation of travel points), and gives individuals the ability to visit terminally-ill friends and family members.
Where I've Been
- Africa: Tunisia, Libya
- Caribbean: Barbados, Aruba, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Cuba
- Central America: Costa Rica, Panama Canal
- Europe: UK (England and Scotland), France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Malta, Austria
- North America: Canada and all over the States
- Mexico: Cancun Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, Acapulco, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, Huatulco
- South America: Argentina, Chile, Brazil (just that side of Iguazu Falls)
- South Pacific: Hawaii, Cook Islands
In a Nutshell
- Most memorable travel experience: There are WAY too many to choose from! One of the more recent was getting to release baby turtles into the ocean in Cancun. It was totally unexpected, and it has been on my bucket list for ages; such a magical experience!
- My top 4 favourite resort destinations: Barbados, Jamaica, Riviera Maya, Cook Islands.
- My favourite resort: Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.
- Why is it my favourite: Overwater bungalows in the most beautiful body of water I have ever seen! Time really stands still in Aitutaki - It is the perfect place to actually get away from it all, relax and reconnect with your partner, family or friends. I have never been somewhere quite so authentically laid back as the Cook Islands. The people are lovely, no one ever seems in a hurry and the scenery is just gorgeous! The Aitutaki Lagoon Resort has the incredible food, service, and amenities of a luxury property, delivered with a tropical, low key vibe. In a word: Heaven.
- Travel Advice I can give to anyone: Don't forget your travel insurance! As someone who has had to use it on several occasions, I can tell you first hand it's worth it's weight in gold.
- Where I'm planning to go next: Riviera Maya.
- People in the office know me to be very: Driven for travel and passionate about the community!