Jamaica Travel Info

Please review the information below to ensure that your vacation plans are carried out as smoothly as possible.

Documentation Requirements

Canadian citizens can travel with a valid Canadian passport (black cover) or birth certificate showing embossed seal and government issued photo id. Please note all identification being used must shown your full name exactly as it appears on your travel documents.

If you are holding a Canadian Diplomatic Passport (red cover) or a Canadian Special Passport (green cover), please identify this information to your Escapes.ca travel specialist immediately as visas may be required as supporting documentation.

Citizens of other countries, please contact the Jamaican Consulate for entry requirements by  visiting http://www.congenjamaica-toronto.com/html/ or calling 416-598-3008.

IMPORTANT - Children 18 and under traveling alone or with only one parent MUST have a notarized letter of authorization signed by the parent who is not traveling or if both parents are not traveling with the child, this note must be signed by both parents. Children regardless of their age require their own valid Canadian passport and tourist card.

It is important to remember that even though all proper documentation has been attained, your country of destination still has the right to deny entry without cause or explanation.

If you are not a Canadian citizen, please advise your Escapes.ca vacation specialist immediately so they may provide you contact information of the nearest consulate or embassy of the country you wish to travel to for complete documentation requirements.

Departure Tax

Departure tax of 25 Cuban convertible pesos per person, which is equivalent to approximately CAD$31 will be collected at the airport on the departure day. If booking an all inclusive package, the Jamaica departure tax is included in your package. For air only passengers please reconfirm with us prior to departure as it will vary depending on your airline.

Information on this page is subject to change without notice. For the most up to date information on entry requirements, travelers are recommended to contact the consulate or embassy of the country in which they intend to visit.

Select Departure Gateway