Mexico Travel Info

Please review the information below to ensure that your vacation plans are carried out as smoothly as possible.

Documentation Requirements

All Canadians citizens are now required to carry a valid Canadian passport to enter Mexico.

If you are holding a Canadian Diplomatic Passport (red cover) or a Canadian Special Passport (green cover), please identify this information to your travel specialist immediately as visas may be required as supporting documentation.

Citizens of other countries please contact the Mexican Consulate at:

Tourist cards will be given out on your flight or upon arrival in Mexico.

IMPORTANT - Children 18 and under traveling alone or with only one parent MUST have a notarized letter of authorization signed by the parent who is not traveling or if both parents are not traveling with the child, this note must be signed by both parents. Children regardless of their age require their own valid Canadian passport and tourist card.

If you are not a Canadian Citizen, please advise your vacation specialist immediately so they may provide you contact information of the nearest consulate or embassy of the country you wish to travel to for complete documentation requirements.

It is important to remember that even though all proper documentation has been attained, your country of destination still has the right to deny entry without cause or explanation.

Tourist Cards

Tourist cards will be provide by the airline during the flight to Mexico.

Currency Notification

As per Mexican federal laws, US dollars many not be available for exchange at hotels. It is recommended NOT to use American Express travelers cheques in Mexico. It is recommended to use cash, credit cards or your ATM card.

Information on this page is subject to change without notice. For the most up to date information on entry requirements, travelers are recommended to contact the consulate or embassy of the country in which they intend to visit.

Select Departure Gateway