Family and Vacation Travel Specialist
Planning the perfect family vacation is not always easy with the extensive websites, countless resort options and variable pricing. When it comes to firsthand experience, knowledge and attentiveness, Mona Thomson has been our greatest asset in booking our family vacations to the Mayan Riviera.
It is Mona's passion to make her clients' dreams a reality by planning their holiday. Helping create memories for her honeymoon/anniversary couples, families or wedding groups is what keeps her motivated to tailor a vacation, based on her client's wish list and budget. She has been in the travel business for 30 years and loves the feeling of gratitude when her clients come back and tell her how much they enjoyed their time away.
Mona's first hand experience of traveling to a destination or seeing it through the eyes of her children and husband when they join her on many getaways, helps her keep a fresh perspective for the next vacation inquiry.
Whether it's a destination wedding group, a dream family vacation, or a couple's getaway, the warmth, professionalism and attentiveness to detail she characterizes creates exceptional vacations for her valued clients.
My areas of expertise:
Where I've Been
- Asia: Thailand, Japan
- Australia: Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns
- Europe: Amsterdam, Germany and France
- North America: Anaheim, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Vegas, New York, San Francisco
- Sun Destinations: Riviera Maya (countless times), Jamaica, Los Cabos, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Cuba, Maui, Honolulu, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas
In a Nutshell
- Most memorable travel experience: Convincing myself to zipline over the rainforest in Maui after being deathly afraid of heights and learning to surf for the first time at age 47!
- My top 3 favourite resort destinations: Riviera Maya, Jamaica, Los Cabos.
- My favourite resort: El Dorado Casitas Royale, Riviera Maya.
- Why is it my favourite: The service and food are impeccable and the luxurious design of the round casitas that comes with a romantic Aguas del Amor (private outdoor shower) are so unique. The resort is so well laid out with each casita section having its own pool/pool butler/swim up bar. The view of the ocean isn't too shabby either! It's a perfect place to unwind for a week.
- Travel Advice I can give to anyone: If you are flying with smaller children and want to be sure to sit together, pay the extra money and prebook your seats when you book your trip. Don't assume the airline will automatically seat you all together if you wait until airport check in.
- Where I have recently been: Europe - AMA Waterways Europe River Cruise.
- Where I'm planning to go next: Palm Springs.