Whether it be a generational group or destination wedding group, an individual or family vacation (she herself is a mom to a fabulous 3.5 yr old), adventure travel or an amazing bucket list experience, Ruth can help turn your dreams into a reality.
Ruth has nurtured a passion for travel and exploration from a very young age. Born in Wales her family moved to Canada on a whim and she has been globetrotting ever since! She has been in the travel industry for 18 years, including 4 amazing years in Yellowknife. Her love for the industry stems from a desire to see the world, one vacation at a time. Ruth specializes in making every vacation a dream vacation. Whether it be a generational group or destination wedding group, an individual or family vacation (she herself is a mom to a fabulous 3.5 yr old), adventure travel or an amazing bucket list experience, Ruth can help turn your dreams into a reality.
My areas of expertise:
Where I've Been
- Caribbean: Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands
- Europe: Czech Republic, England, France, Greece, Monte Carlo, Spain, Turkey, Wales
- Middle East: Oman, UAE
- North America: Mexico (Cancun, Cozumel, Los Cabos, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Maya), United States
In a Nutshell
- Most memorable travel experience: I love all my travel experiences. I try to plan my trips so that I can make the most of my time away. Some of my most memorable trips have been traveling Europe. I adore Greece and one day I hope to retire on the beautiful Island of Naxos. I have stayed in a Cave Hotel in Central Turkey, a hotel that was built in the 1500s in Prague, and hotel that was once a Hammam in Rhodes. I try to make each experience a memorable one.
- My top 3 favourite resort destinations: Jamaica!, Los Cabos, Riviera Maya. I love Jamaica, the people, the food, the beauty of the island!
- My favourite resort: Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- Why is it my favourite: I loved the intimacy of the resort, the amazing staff, and the fabulous gourmet restaurants. And having a Butler doesn't hurt.
- Travel Advice I can give to anyone: Whether you are vacationing with a friend or a partner traveling can be stressful. A friend and I came up with no questions asked code word. Meaning you could be stressed at the circumstances, at the other person, for no reason in particular but the stress is there and your about ready to explode. So we use the term "humor failure". If someone says "I'm experiencing humor failure", then the other person says no problem and gives the other person space they may need just to recoup. It gives the other person time to go off and explore or just find a pub and enjoy a local beer. It keeps the vacation a sane one.
- Where I'm planning to go next: I am a single mom to a 3.5 yr old so my travel experiences are a little different these days. Our next adventure I'm hoping will be Disneyland. From the moment I planned to have a child I always had the vision of taking them to Disneyland the birthday before they started school. I am looking forward to sharing with him my love of Disney. He is already a huge fan of Star Wars so I can't wait until he's old enough to do the Jedi training.
- People in the office know me to be very: No idea!... Fun, spunky, and caring?