Memories Grand Bahama
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
The resort is not a 5 start resort, furniture is older, restaurants are ok, the pools are great!! The beach loved loved loved it!! The outside of the resort is beautiful!!The staff for the most part are kind and helpful. Myself and 7 other girls booked a last min trip here. For what we paid for a 4 nights/ 5 days all inclusive trip,(hurricane season)I'm pretty satisfied.Rooms were clean , pool bartenders were great!!! Didn't care for night entertainment much. I would return for the same price, but I wouldn't pay the prices they are asking now(oct 2016)
This resort does have numerous activities through out the day and evening. Loved the pool areas and entertainment! Very short walk from room to the ocean. The beach was very well maintained. Tons of activities! We went out Snorkeling and was worth every penny! The staff was great. Some pet peeves: Room fridge NOT stocked every day, Rooms are kind of out dated and have an odor, I tried 3 days to have the fridge stocked with at least ONE Coke to no avail. Overall, I would say this is a 2-3 Star place.
Was supposed to stay for 10 days from the 10th October. I appreciate that the hotel has just experienced Hurricane Matthew, however it would have been good if the hotel had contacted future guests to advise that the hotel is completely shut. We turned up on the island, after having tried to contact the hotel to confirm what state they were in..no reply. Insurance wouldn't cover costs without proof of hotel being closed so we had to make the journey. Ended up stranded on Grand Bahama Island for the night with no accommodation. Very disappointed as this is a large hotel chain, so why didn't they contact everyone booked to stay to advise them? Would seriously consider before I booked with them again.
Overall what I was able to do/see was descent but unfortunately my trip was cut short due to Hurricane Matthew. I was disappointed with room service availability, upon check-in after a very long day of travel I was informed room service was available until 10 pm but when I tried to order at 9:30 pm I couldn't reach anyone so I called the desk only to find out the information I received was incorrect and room service was no longer available. If I were to come back it would not be during hurricane season.
Hotel staff were exceptional in all aspects. However I found that the extra for changing rooms was a bit excessive. I paid 135.92$ US for a room on ground level and was satisfied on average. However in view of tnhe fact that we were evacuated during the third night I would like to know who should reimbourse the difference for the rest of the week.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 3 Meals daily plus snacks
- All drinks (domestic beer and cocktails, select International brands, house wine with meals)
- Kids activities
- Daily activities
- Non-motorized water sports
- Introductory scuba lesson in pool
- Evening entertainment
- Exclusive access to our Diamond Club Lounge with premium drinks, snacks and a full service business center
- Personalized check in /check out
- Diamond VIP lounge Private Access
- Distinctive Wrist Bracelet
- Exclusive Beach Area with Bar Service
- Selected Premium Drinks Menu (available in lounge/some restrictions apply)
- Daily, continental breakfast service in lounge
- Upgraded room service menu
- Complimentary early check-in & late check-out (subject to availability)
- Concierge Service 24 hrs
- Luxury amenities in room
- Evening hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and afternoon snacks including decadent desserts
- Mini Bar restocked daily
- Robes and slippers in room
- 10% discount on Spa treatments & hair dresser
*The above mentioned Diamond Club inclusions are for Diamond Club room categories only.
- 504 Rooms
- 2 Pools
- 5 Restaurants
- 6 Bars
- Spa (fee) (nearby)
- Medical Services (fee)
- Conference facilities (fee)
- Golf (nearby)
- Concierge Desk
- Casino, Adults only (18+)
- Open-air theater
- Laundry service (fee)
- Tour Desk
- Motorized water sports (fee)
- Island View
- 1 King or 2 Double Beds
- Private Bathroom
- Bluetooth audio station
- USB recharge station
- Free Internet
- Electronic safety deposit box
- Mini bar (restocked daily)
- Chair with ottoman
- Iron & Ironing board
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioned
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite TV
- Maximum 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children
Resort Location Map
Memories Grand BahamaFreeport,Bahamas
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
1 Sea Horse Lane, Freeport F42500 Grand Bahama Island
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.