- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
Stayed at Mojito May 19-26 with my daughter and we already cannot wait to go back.For the money ... you cannot beat this vacation. From the moment we checked in to our check out time, we had nothing but great experiences. Only a 15 min drive from the airport, check in was super fast and flawless. Check out was same. All staff were super accommodating, friendly and just generally really lovely people ,, they made our stay even more enjoyable. Beach was heaven on earth. Miles of beach, white sand, shallow water, starfish and shell searching. Lots of places to park yourself, lovely for walks and/or swimming and exploring. Drinks were nothing short of exceptional. There was super fun beach party one evening that was just the most fun experience ever, dancing the night away under the stars on the shoreline to great tunes. Entertainment crew were off the wall fun & friendly (Leo the DJ, Andy and Jendy ... amazing guys!!). No complaints on the food. Super yummy omelettes made to order, crepes, fresh fruit and smoothies. Fresh fish or pizza for lunch. Highly recommend dinner at the Cuban restaurant .. we loved it. Fresh bread & butter was to die for. Cappucinos and Spanish Coffees in the lobby (while using wifi) super good. Pools were lovely. Adult pool was a good size .. not too big and very quiet but not too far from the action of the main pool ..just perfect!!! Room was quite large ... a little bit dated decor but it was quite big, A/C and showers worked great and room was always stocked, super clean and well kept. We were hardly there so it was all we needed.Beach was a wee bit of a walk on a long boardwalk .. but worth it. It's too bad the lagoonish area on way to beach with the villas which are no longer in use wasn't a bit more maintained ... that area was a bit swampy smelling. It otherwise would be a pretty interesting walk to see wildlife if it was maintained. The Cigar Lounge had a really GREAT live band most nights, who also performed in the lobby a couple nights. So many fun events on resort as well, always something to do/see. The nightly shows were very good, the Disco was a blast and staff were so engaging. My god can they DANCE!! Cuban day pool side had a delish BBQ on Thursday .. highly recommend! Side notes: you can connect to wifi if you buy the little cards for 1.50CUC .. for a one hour card. Super cheap!! Not a place you want to go to spend a ton of time wasted on your phone/device anyways. We had no issues connecting at any time. Bring mosquito spray .. lots this time of year and spray generously. It's that time of year and you'll get eaten alive. CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN ASAP! Thank you Mojito & staff for an amazing relaxing and very fun vacation.
- Beach was dirty with many broken plastic glass, and plastic straw..I've found in the ocean pieces of broken glass !The garbage bin was full on the beach and never empty in 1 week despite that I advised the front desk team.- The beach was without any animation or entertainment and you need to pay for any boat.The resort/buildings doesn't have any balcony.- In each evening the mosquitoes not let you see any show, I have tried Citronella insect repellent spray lotion, Melaleuca, Raid..nothing to do.- This resort was few years ago probably 4 stars, now with the actual management goes fast to dilapidated and to 2 stars...the main pool wasn't cleaned during my vacation !- The 1 hour of Internet that you buy is not 1 hour...Is interrupted frequently, no support because the Hotel just sell those cards and don't forget to deactivate the wifi if you want to reuse the remained time.- I have visited too through the beach access Cayo Sol, they doesn't have a beautiful beach because are in the corner/golf and is very dirty, the resort seems to be better than Iberostar but much smaller.Tryp is dirty, the palapas ruined, the Colonial is old and the beach short and granulated by crumbly shells.Pullman is relatively new and they doesn't have enough vegetation.- ⚑ WARNING ⚑ : on the weekend starting with Saturday the Cuban people have access on the beach and Hotel, they are looking at your things, be careful with your purse or your personal effects.They can rent rooms and they spread the trash everywhere ! For me was very uncomfortable.I have asked to open the door at 2am in Spanish, other night at 1am they have checked the door with another magnetic card, the safe box when is working, when have some messages error, I'm not really confident with this depreciated thing.- I was with the Catamaran trip...do yourself a favor and forgive this, you spend your money(120CAD) for nothing, nothing to see, almost nothing to do, no place in Catamaran, horrible food, boring activity.To make a short story, I know that is Cuba and I have not big expectations but [Cayo Caco] is overrating and under all the services and entertainment that I saw in Cayo Santa Maria in Ocean Casa del Mar or Golden Tulip.30% chance to be back someday if it's not completely ruined.
Stayed at mojito it needs a bit updating the beaches and water are amazing but the walkways need a bit care some of the staff are lovely like family food is ok just the same things every night the pizza was lovely at pool bar staff were lovely there but I think the drinks were watered down as we never felt we had a drink and the mozzies were a nightmare
We had a “Guys” trip this year to the Iberostar Mojito April 17th-24th. It was my third visit to this resort over the years and it didn’t disappoint at all. Although the weather didn’t co-operate with us this time we still had a good time mainly because of the wonderful staff we found there that truly care about your comfort and enjoyment. In particular we would like to thank Enma in Reservations, Tamara at the Lobby Bar and of course Freddy at the Cigar Bar for the great conversations and friendly service. Yes the resort has shown more and more wear over the years between our stays but it still remains a beautiful place with a great beach. You can tell the gardening staff is committed to keeping up the appearance of the grounds as best they can but overall the resort needs some more attention regarding maintenance. The other side of the property “Iberostar Cayo Coco remains closed still (7 years now) and it’s a shame as we remember what the whole resort had to offer during our first stay. This means the lagoon villas that are part of the closed side but are on the Mojito property are not open as either and are now showing their age from lack of use and maintenance. The food choices at the buffet and a'la carte restaurants are varied and good in my opinion and we had no problem finding something good to eat at each meal. The entertainment staff work hard to engage you and showcase their many talents even though the weather made the use of the outside theater impossible the shows were moved indoors at the Disco and there was usually some sort of live music held in the lobby each evening. But by all means go and enjoy the Mojito and the wonderful Cuban people but don’t sweat the small stuff ! Cheers!!Dapa81
We are avid Cuba travellers. I think this was our 15th visit. First time to the Iberostar Mojito. First would like to mention that we had an amazing week, primarily because we take everything in stride. Very little bothers us. You will see cracked and chipping paint. You may not have toilet paper in all public restrooms. Your room may smell of mold, common occurrence down south. And yes it is a long walk to the beach and there are no washrooms there. But: if you can overlook these things and focus on the beautiful beach and the wonderful employees, you will have an amazing time. We had helpful, courteous and lovely staff the entire week. The buffet was delicious, yes I said delicious. Do not believe the reviews that say otherwise. Unless you have a non existent palate, you will find something to eat. Their homemade breads and cheeses are Delicious. Fresh fish grilled right in front of you. Etc etc. We ate early to avoid the wait. It's not a big restaurant. But we tipped well and always had a table waiting for us at opening. Tipping will get you everywhere. Remember that. And remember to have fun and don't sweat the small stuff. Also look at how much you paid and how much you are getting for that money. You want five star pay for it. Otherwise enjoy the beach!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 3 a la carte dinners/week
- 24-hour snacks
- 24-hour unlimited domestic and selected international drinks (house wine included)
- Admission to the disco (drinks included)
- Selected non-motorized water sports
- Pedal boat
- Dance lessons
- Daily activities program
- Introduction to scuba diving in pool (once/stay)
- Nightly entertainment
- Pool tables
- Spanish lessons
- 352 rooms
- 6 restaurants, including Italian, Seafood, Cuban, Steakhouse
- 5 Bars
- Pools (including adults-only pool)
- Beauty salon (fee)
- Gift shops
- Internet (fee)
- Scuba diving centre nearby (fee)
- Horseback riding (fee)
- Two 3/4 beds
- Full bathroom
- In-room safe
- Maximum occupancy 3 adults (or 2 adults and 2 children)
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Iberostar MojitoCayo Coco,Cuba
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Jardines del Rey Jardines del Rey, Ciego de Avila, 69400 Cuba
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.