Royalton Cayo Santa Maria
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria is a gem of a resort, located outside of Cuba's capital. The resort has a great array of pools and the grounds are well-maintained. Resort staff is incredibly hospitable, pleasant, and attentive. This is a great budget resort for couples and adults who want to experience the luxury of what Cuba has to offer without having to splurge.
What a treat this was. Exceeded my expectations.The whole resort is sophisticated and pure luxury. The gardens are beautiful and are a credit to the gardeners - please tell them that.Our butler Maria was charming - all I wanted was bananas in my room and these were replenished every day.The quiet pool was delightful.I loved the classy entertainment in the lobby and the restaurants each evening - what amazing musicians you have in Cuba.The food did not agree with me but the wine was excellent, not to mention the cocktails.However the service was wonderful - Eddy, Tatiana, Richar, etc etc all charming young men and ladies.I loved the towel art too.All in all everything I hoped for.Judy Cumbria UK
We stayed at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria February 2-9/ 17 and can't say enough about what a wonderful experience this was. We had an oceanview suite in #6. Our butlers Anna and Alexis were wonderful and always helpful. They went out of their way to make our 40th Anniversary trip so very special. Our maids Yuliet and Alina were sweet and so friendly. They kept our room clean and we were always anxious to come back to find their special treatment of the towels and their sweet notes. The restaurant staff were exceptional , always going out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. The management at this resort is hands on, talking with guests everyday to ensure your stay was everything you expected and more. The food was good, lots of variety and the pool BBQ had a number of options each day. The entertainment staff were friendly as well as all the hard working people who keep the grounds clean and the gardens stunning. A special thank you to the beach staff, the beach is stunning and the service exceptional. I hope we can go back again next year!
We stayed here towards the end of a two week self drive of Cuba, the staff were without fail fantastic from the gardeners through cleaners to waiting staff and butlers ( Lester and Leandy).This is not our usual holiday style but we had a thoroughly relaxed time enjoying the sun, outstanding beach and Rum and cocktails.The fabric of the rooms is just about in need of an upgrade but everywhere was spotless, and any problems were fixed as soon as they were mentioned.
Having been to numerous resorts on and off the main island, the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria is numero uno. From the butler service and having best beach in Cuba to the friendliness of all staff including senior management, this is a Return To place. You sleep very well. On the third visit a tree is planted in your name! As Arnold Schwarzeneger says, I vill be back!Bring mosquito lotion as it was a problem. And WiFi, and this is not a complaint against the hotel itself, is almost non-existent. Text messaging works fine.
This was our second time at the Royalton one year later and we saw an improvement with the food. Our butler Alexis was amazing! We had issues with not getting the room we had booked 8 months ago...wanted two beds and could only get a king. Alexis and management were in constant contact with us to inform us of other room options but none were worth moving for. Our air conditioner didn't work but they got it fixed right away and loaned us a table fan in the interim. To make up for the inconveniences we received wine, rum and champagne in the room and a trip to the spa in the little town. Grounds were kept up nicely and upgrading the painting while we were there, none of which was disruptive. All service people were wonderful and friendly. With it being our second time back there was a special dinner at the poolside which was lovely and delicious. They really went the extra mile to make sure everyone was happy.Pool/entertainment staff were working hard to get people involved but most of us just wanted to take in the sun on our butts. The one thing that needs to change is the music at the pool. Almost every time we asked for different music we were told it was 'Cuba Day' and as much as I love Cuban music 7 days all day at the pool is a bit much. Plus the entertainment at night was mostly Cuban music. At the end of our stay they also finally lowered the volume which was so loud most of the time.All in all it was another enjoyable trip for my cousin and me and we met some really great people!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 3 Meals daily plus snacks
- All drinks (domestic beer and cocktails, select international brands, house wine with meals)
- 24hr Room service
- Non-motorized water sports
- Entertainment on the Beach
- Butler service by the pools and on the beach
Applicable for all guests staying in all room categories:
- Special welcome and welcome cocktail upon arrival
- Cold towel service upon arrival
- Room Service 24 hrs (included) with special menus for breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Bottle of rum in room upon arrival
- Beach towels in room upon arrival
- Bathroom with whirlpool tub in Suites only
- VIP amenities in bathroom (on arrival)
- Bathrobe and Slippers
- Personalized mini-bar (re-stocked daily)
- Free use of safety deposit box
- Pillow menu
- Nightly turndown service
- Personalized assistance 24 hrs - Buttler Service - including packing and unpacking of luggage, tour arrangements, and co-ordination of transfers.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner a la carte (buffet breakfast also available)
- 20% discount at the Spa (located in El Pueblo)
- Preferred reservations at the Spa (located in El Pueblo)
- Day pass (free) at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort & Memories Azul Beach Resort in Cayo Santa Maria (transfers not included)
- Dine around (free) Memories Paraiso Beach Resort & Memories Azul Beach Resort in Cayo Santa Maria (transfers not included)
- 122 Rooms
- 2 Pools
- 2 a la carte Restaurants
- 4 Bars
Services located nearby in Pueblo Estrella:
- Spa ($)
- Business Center ($)
- Internet access
- Medical Services ($)
- Disco ($)
- Laundry service ($)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Shops ($)
- Fitness Center
- Water sports center ($) is located next door at the Memories Azul. Offers non-motorized water equipment (hobie cat, kayak, snorkeling equipment, windsurfing, pedal boat and catamaran) ? Catamaran usage of 30 minutes per day. ? Hobie Cats usage of 30 minutes per day.
- Garden View or Ocean View
- 1 king or 2 twin beds
- In-room safe
- Living Room
- Butler Service
- 220V (adapters/transformer required)
- 24 hrs room service
- Mini Bar
- Turn Down Service
- Iron & Ironing board
- Coffee/ Tea Maker
- Air Conditioned
- Ceiling Fan
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Maximum Occupancy 2
- Private Check- In guaranteed
- Late Check-Out guaranteed until 15:00 hrs.
- Room Up-grade upon availability for honeymooners
- Flowers and Cava in room upon arrival
- Nightly bed and turn-down service
- Welcome cocktail
- Romantic honeymoon dinner for the couple
- Honeymoon Breakfast in Room the day after arrival
- 10% discount in Spa
Valid under the following conditions: *Minimum Stay for the couple: 6 Nights at any of the Memories and Royalton hotels including any combination of them *Couple married within 6 months prior to arrival *Show Marriage certificate upon Check-in *Reservation request and voucher should be shown as "Honeymoon", specifying hotels and number of nights in each Memories hotels and Royalton. *Requests must be confirmed directly to the hotel prior of the date of arrival. *Special room category and extra services are not included in the Honeymoon program. To be requested directly to the hotel. Offer is subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Offer may be limited to select suppliers. Please speak to a vacation specialist before making your reservation.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Royalton Cayo Santa MariaCayo Santa Maria,Cuba
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.