Royalton Cayo Santa Maria
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria is a gem of a resort, located outside of Cuba's capital. The resort has a great array of pools and the grounds are well-maintained. Resort staff is incredibly hospitable, pleasant, and attentive. This is a great budget resort for couples and adults who want to experience the luxury of what Cuba has to offer without having to splurge.
We stayed at this hotel in late January and it was our best vacation in Cuba with a special treat that we have never had in any hotel we traveled to. Thanks to Tiziana Gomez, the manager of this wonderful hotel, she was incredibly professional, with her brilliance in what she does and with a smile all the time for all the customers. It makes us feel at home.This is the first time we comment on tripadvisor because I believe that in this case it deserves it. Everything was amazingly wonderful, the food, the staff, the beach, the friendliness and especially to Tiziana from the first day until the last one to be aware of us, making me feel, like at home.I will only go back to that hotel, with her presence, because she makes the difference.See you soon and thanks for this immemorial vacation
This was our first visit to Cayo Santa Maria and the first at a Royalton resort. This adults only resort (all inclusive)has the best Cuba has to offer - beautiful beach , gorgeous pool, nice rooms and actually good food. No buffet and quiet - but not much else to complain about. The best part of this resort- the staff throughout - pleasant hardworking folks out to help you make the best of your vacation. Special thanks and kudos to Diego our butler and Adrian our server at the Eggscellence restaurant. Great week!
Thank you to Lucky(Manager), Mario (Butler),Lissette (Maid) for making the Royalton a home away from home. All requests were promptly,courteously completed and then some.Previous reviews adequately describe the resort and I can only add that you will not be disappointed. The nightly entertainment deserves mentioning and it is first class.Previous reviews have commented that some problem exists with supper. This was correct, But through Lucky's efforts significant improvement was implemented almost immediately.We saw Lucky daily throughout the resort making small but positive changes. This resort satisfied our expectations and we will be returning.
This was our second time at this hotel, we were there three years ago and it is still heaven on earth, nice beach, nice personnel, exceptional service and it is a very quiet. We also love it because it is very small (108 rooms)
What can I say? We had a great time last year so didnt think twice about going back again this year! We emailed the hotel after booking the trip and asked to be in the same building as we liked it's location...sure enough, not only in the same building (there are only 10) but even the same room...with the same butlers (Lester and Diana...both amazing!!!) and even the same maid, Alina...thank you so much Alina, you are great!Despite the weather not cooperating the entire week, we (and the couple we went with...having sold them on the Royalton as well) still had an amazing time. We met up with a couple we had seen last year, and spent many a fun hour (and happy hour) laughing and having a great holiday. Thank you to the Royalton for an amazing, relaxing, calming holiday!A couple of other comments I wanted to mention this time around...specifically about suntan lotion...bring LOTS!!! Trying to find suntan lotion is like trying to find the Lost City of Atlantis! There is a market area between the Royalton and the neighbouring Memories resort with lots of stores and restaurants...very nice...but finding suntan lotion was almost impossible...when our friends did find it, two small bottles cost more than $50...muy loco!!The only negative about the resort was that the last couple of days, they seemed to be running out of supplies...maybe a supply truck didnt arrive but there was only one bottle of ketchup for the entire restaurant and they ran out of buns for the burgers...both these things were only a mild inconvenience and did not affect our love of the Royalton at all! We plan to return in the future to continue to enjoy their hospitality!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 3 Meals daily plus snacks
- All drinks (domestic beer and cocktails, select international brands, house wine with meals)
- 24hr Room service
- Non-motorized water sports
- Entertainment on the Beach
- Butler service by the pools and on the beach
Applicable for all guests staying in all room categories:
- Special welcome and welcome cocktail upon arrival
- Cold towel service upon arrival
- Room Service 24 hrs (included) with special menus for breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Bottle of rum in room upon arrival
- Beach towels in room upon arrival
- Bathroom with whirlpool tub in Suites only
- VIP amenities in bathroom (on arrival)
- Bathrobe and Slippers
- Personalized mini-bar (re-stocked daily)
- Free use of safety deposit box
- Pillow menu
- Nightly turndown service
- Personalized assistance 24 hrs - Buttler Service - including packing and unpacking of luggage, tour arrangements, and co-ordination of transfers.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner a la carte (buffet breakfast also available)
- 20% discount at the Spa (located in El Pueblo)
- Preferred reservations at the Spa (located in El Pueblo)
- Day pass (free) at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort & Memories Azul Beach Resort in Cayo Santa Maria (transfers not included)
- Dine around (free) Memories Paraiso Beach Resort & Memories Azul Beach Resort in Cayo Santa Maria (transfers not included)
- 122 Rooms
- 2 Pools
- 2 a la carte Restaurants
- 4 Bars
Services located nearby in Pueblo Estrella:
- Spa ($)
- Business Center ($)
- Internet access
- Medical Services ($)
- Disco ($)
- Laundry service ($)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Shops ($)
- Fitness Center
- Water sports center ($) is located next door at the Memories Azul. Offers non-motorized water equipment (hobie cat, kayak, snorkeling equipment, windsurfing, pedal boat and catamaran) ? Catamaran usage of 30 minutes per day. ? Hobie Cats usage of 30 minutes per day.
- Garden View or Ocean View
- 1 king or 2 twin beds
- In-room safe
- Living Room
- Butler Service
- 220V (adapters/transformer required)
- 24 hrs room service
- Mini Bar
- Turn Down Service
- Iron & Ironing board
- Coffee/ Tea Maker
- Air Conditioned
- Ceiling Fan
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Maximum Occupancy 2
- Private Check- In guaranteed
- Late Check-Out guaranteed until 15:00 hrs.
- Room Up-grade upon availability for honeymooners
- Flowers and Cava in room upon arrival
- Nightly bed and turn-down service
- Welcome cocktail
- Romantic honeymoon dinner for the couple
- Honeymoon Breakfast in Room the day after arrival
- 10% discount in Spa
Valid under the following conditions: *Minimum Stay for the couple: 6 Nights at any of the Memories and Royalton hotels including any combination of them *Couple married within 6 months prior to arrival *Show Marriage certificate upon Check-in *Reservation request and voucher should be shown as "Honeymoon", specifying hotels and number of nights in each Memories hotels and Royalton. *Requests must be confirmed directly to the hotel prior of the date of arrival. *Special room category and extra services are not included in the Honeymoon program. To be requested directly to the hotel. Offer is subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Offer may be limited to select suppliers. Please speak to a vacation specialist before making your reservation.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Royalton Cayo Santa MariaCayo Santa Maria,Cuba
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.