Royalton Cayo Santa Maria
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria is a gem of a resort, located outside of Cuba's capital. The resort has a great array of pools and the grounds are well-maintained. Resort staff is incredibly hospitable, pleasant, and attentive. This is a great budget resort for couples and adults who want to experience the luxury of what Cuba has to offer without having to splurge.
This was our second visit to the Royalton and though I read the recent reviews about the resort I thought it was only people having unreasonable expectations of what Cuba can do in terms of food. Though our trip was overall very successful, I don't think they can call themselves a luxury resort anymore. It took 40 minutes to get taken to our room when we arrived the first night. Everyone else in our group had been gone for 20 minutes by then. Most of the people arrived on the flight went for something to ear at the snack bar but there were only 2 people there working. It was late, but they knew we were all arriving. We eventually gave up and had the food sent to our room as the mosquitos were hungrier than we were. It came quickly and stone cold. Last trip we ate at the snack bar a lot. The menu was very limited this time. Many items were frequently unavailable.Food for breakfast was consistently good but many mornings the service was very bad. Hard to even get coffee and water to start on a dirty tablecloth. Lunch at the beach with tacos were excellent and popular. Maybe these could be offered off the beach as well? Or as an all day option at the snack bar?The service and staff at the pool and beach bar were both excellent and consistent. Suppers were almost inedible for me. We went to the buffet at Memories a couple of nights so we could get some basics like a simple grilled piece of chicken and some freshly made pasta. May have paid for it with some GI upset late in the trip that we all ended up with. Many travellers from Memories had the same ailment.Rooms are nice and very clean. I was surprised how much wear they are showing after only a few years.More shade around the pools would be nice! Especially for the summer months. The practice of "reserving" spots around the pool persists despite the signs. I would sign up in a second for a resort that enforces that this cannot be done. When we had a spot we used it. Some days they sat reserved and people showed up at 3 pm!
Great hotel in fantastic location. Piano bar was special - great place for an early morning espresso. Drinks service around the pool was exemplary. Food was ok. Our room was probably the worst location. At the end of resort with an outlook onto a twenty foot hedge. Didnt feel like playing the $25 per person per night upgrade for a view. It took 6 hours by taxi to get to Havana airport so beware.
The resort is very well kept, tranquil and relaxing. The beach is fantastic, great for long walks and running. Plenty of shade, since you will need it during the summer months.Our room was excellent, everything worked, the fridge always had water and other drinks. Our butler Lester was perfect, could not ask for better!The staff at the resort was wonderful and service was great.The various musicians that entertained us in the evenings were very talented (Ester the guitar player stood out!)We know they are working on improving the food for the resort...that would make this resort a true 5 star for us.
I recently travelled to Royalton in Cuba with my sis ( two weeks ago) . The place is beautiful. However, it suit more couples. Staff is very friendly. I have to admit that I wasnt too sure about the purpose of the butler.. The only time we really needed help (as to know that our flight to Havana was changed) no one advised us.. I can honestly say that this was the only pitfall ( small one ) of our trip.. But the nicest surprise worth mentioning was the arrival of cook Magdiel Morales. The quality, presentation and foremost the taste of the food changed dramatically!! We immediately notice that we were dealing with a well experience chef! Indeed what a great and delightful surprise. Not to forgot Olan, who also prepare delicious tapas .. I would return to this oasis anythime if these two are still there!!!
The beach and the sea are to die for. The sand is special and does not burn your feet. They have nice relaxing pools too but i like the sea. Hospitality is great, they pamper you with private butler service. Restaurants and shows are good. Rooms are very comfortable and oceanview ones are quite romantic. Beware of the jejenes flies, get a very effective bug spray, first few days were nightmarish. Wifi and phone services are horrible but it might be more Cuba than Royalton.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 3 Meals daily plus snacks
- All drinks (domestic beer and cocktails, select international brands, house wine with meals)
- 24hr Room service
- Non-motorized water sports
- Entertainment on the Beach
- Butler service by the pools and on the beach
Applicable for all guests staying in all room categories:
- Special welcome and welcome cocktail upon arrival
- Cold towel service upon arrival
- Room Service 24 hrs (included) with special menus for breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Bottle of rum in room upon arrival
- Beach towels in room upon arrival
- Bathroom with whirlpool tub in Suites only
- VIP amenities in bathroom (on arrival)
- Bathrobe and Slippers
- Personalized mini-bar (re-stocked daily)
- Free use of safety deposit box
- Pillow menu
- Nightly turndown service
- Personalized assistance 24 hrs - Buttler Service - including packing and unpacking of luggage, tour arrangements, and co-ordination of transfers.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner a la carte (buffet breakfast also available)
- 20% discount at the Spa (located in El Pueblo)
- Preferred reservations at the Spa (located in El Pueblo)
- Day pass (free) at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort & Memories Azul Beach Resort in Cayo Santa Maria (transfers not included)
- Dine around (free) Memories Paraiso Beach Resort & Memories Azul Beach Resort in Cayo Santa Maria (transfers not included)
- 122 Rooms
- 2 Pools
- 2 a la carte Restaurants
- 4 Bars
Services located nearby in Pueblo Estrella:
- Spa ($)
- Business Center ($)
- Internet access
- Medical Services ($)
- Disco ($)
- Laundry service ($)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Shops ($)
- Fitness Center
- Water sports center ($) is located next door at the Memories Azul. Offers non-motorized water equipment (hobie cat, kayak, snorkeling equipment, windsurfing, pedal boat and catamaran) Catamaran usage of 30 minutes per day. Hobie Cats usage of 30 minutes per day.
- Garden View or Ocean View
- 1 king or 2 twin beds
- In-room safe
- Living Room
- Butler Service
- 220V (adapters/transformer required)
- 24 hrs room service
- Mini Bar
- Turn Down Service
- Iron & Ironing board
- Coffee/ Tea Maker
- Air Conditioned
- Ceiling Fan
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Maximum Occupancy 2
- Private Check- In guaranteed
- Late Check-Out guaranteed until 15:00 hrs.
- Room Up-grade upon availability for honeymooners
- Flowers and Cava in room upon arrival
- Nightly bed and turn-down service
- Welcome cocktail
- Romantic honeymoon dinner for the couple
- Honeymoon Breakfast in Room the day after arrival
- 10% discount in Spa
Valid under the following conditions: *Minimum Stay for the couple: 6 Nights at any of the Memories and Royalton hotels including any combination of them *Couple married within 6 months prior to arrival *Show Marriage certificate upon Check-in *Reservation request and voucher should be shown as "Honeymoon", specifying hotels and number of nights in each Memories hotels and Royalton. *Requests must be confirmed directly to the hotel prior of the date of arrival. *Special room category and extra services are not included in the Honeymoon program. To be requested directly to the hotel. Offer is subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Offer may be limited to select suppliers. Please speak to a vacation specialist before making your reservation.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Royalton Cayo Santa MariaCayo Santa Maria,Cuba
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.