Melia Marina Varadero
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
My gf and I have been to the Melia peninsula varaderro 3 times. First in 2014, 2015 and this year in may 2017. Our first two visits were nothing short of amazing ! The staff , the rooms , the food and most of all the management was excellent ! In 2015 we were graciously upgraded to VIP status by the then amazing manager Sergio! This year I was sad to hear that Sergio had moved on to another resort but we still booked and went anyways. To our chagrin - we received ZERO upgrades from management despite having contact w them months in advance telling them that this was our 3rd time - basically we received nothing ! We were even more shocked to see how badly run down the resort has become and is in dire need of repairs etc etc etc! W were however extremely pleased to see our friends - the amazing staff that have been so faithful to us over our last 3 visits - they are nothing short of incredible !!! Sadly I do not see us returning for a 4th time due to the conditions of the resort and the new poor management that did absolutely nothing for us . Dean j Smith
I just came back from a 7 night stay here with my husband and two kids. After reading the reviews, I went with an open mind. The pros: The resort was beautiful. The staff was so amazingly friendly. The food was ok. The rooms were clean and bathrooms also clean. Although there was construction, it didn't bother us. The cons: Flies. Flies. More flies. The flies were all over the lobby, in all of the restaurants and all over the food. I don't see how this is acceptable. You couldn't eat with a knife and fork because you needed a hand to stop the flies from sitting on your food or drinks. The staff sometimes got a bit out of hand with the expectations of tipping. I don't see why you should have to tip for every little thing. Overall, the hotel is not a 5 star. It's average. I probably wouldn't stay here if I went to Cuba again.
I have been visiting this hotel for years and always have a pleasurable experience. My last visit was in May 2017 and I was pleasantly surprised to see a young, energetic new manager from Spain. I can see that he is investing a lot effort to take this hotel to new heights and training his personnel in customer service to reach a level of a five star hotel. It's a beautiful hotel that resembles tropical park where you can relax and unwind. I highly recommend this hotel. In comparison to other hotels in the area, this is truly the best. Kind regards, Gatis (George)
I was married at Melia Penninsula this past April. It was the best experience of my life. The resort is beautiful, and the staff were very friendly, and always helpful. Our room was beautiful, and very clean. All the washroom facilities on the resort were very clean, and well maintained. The food at the buffets was very good. You can have an omelette made fresh for you, and how you want it made on the spot every morning. At lunch time it was the same with the pasta dishes. You could choose what type of pasta, and what you want in it. There was a large selection of bread which was all really good. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I found the coffee was really good. The pool was very beautiful and well maintained. The beach was amazing, and well maintained. There were always maintenance staff working hard to ensure the grounds were clean and tidy. I am so grateful to the staff for making my wedding day a fantastic day that my husband and I will always remember. Our wedding planner was so nice, and helpful. She was always prompt to answer any questions or concerns I had. On my wedding day she was constantly checking in with both my husband and I to make sure we were ok, and did not have any problems with anything. It was such an amazing time, and an amazing experience. Both my husband and I feel this resort and staff were a large part of what made our experience so great! We can not thank the staff enough for helping us have a wonderful wedding, and trip. We both can't wait to return for our next vacation.
First of all the month visited is incorrect - we went in Dec 2014. Would definitely revisit this resort. Wonderful staff and the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. Food is fine, just stay away from "American-style" food - hot dogs, pizza, etc. Rooms not fancy but we were only in them to sleep. Loved the shows in the evening and the outdoor patios. Cuba is amazing! Cannot wait to go back one day.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- All meals (buffet breakfast, daytime and late night snacks)
- Unlimited domestic and select international drinks
- 3 a la carte dinners/week (reservations required)
- 24-hour snacks
- Mini-bar restocked daily (water, soft drinks and beer)
- Daily activities
- Nightly entertainment
- Selected non-motorized water sports
- Introduction to scuba diving in pool
- 549 rooms
- 1 buffet and 5 a la carte restaurants
- 1 snack bar
- 8 bars
- 4 pools
- Fitness centre
- Spa (fee)
- Salon (fee)
- Climbing wall
- Wi-Fi (fee)
- 24-hour front desk
- laundry services
- 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed OR 2 single beds and 1 sofa bed
- garden view OR pool view
- Jetted tub
- hair dryer
- alarm clock
- iron/ironing board
- ceiling fan
- Wi-Fi (fee)
- max # adults: 3, max # children: 2, maximum # of guests: 4
- Reservations, transfers, etc.
- Bath salts
- Bathrobe and slippers (in room)
- Concierge Service
- Daily turndown service
- Early check- in subject to availability
- Exceptional luxury postcard (in room)
- Exclusive Vip Bar Lounge
- Express laundry service
- First pressing service free (two pieces per person)
- LCD TV with USB in room
- Lift/elevator with direct and/or exclusive access
- Luggage packing and unpacking
- Personalized attention during your stay
- Personalized Check-in and Check-out
- Personalized welcome and description
- Pillow menu
- Reservation of Sports Fields (priority)
- VIP bath amenities
- Welcome cocktail with champagne refreshing towels
- 1 Green fee included per person per stay
- 1 YHI Spa hydrothermal circuit per person, per stay
- 30% discount on YHI Spa massage
- Beach bag for towels (complimentary)
- Diving reservations (priority)
- Free 24 hours Room Service
- Golf reservations (priority)
- In room a la carte dinner service
- In Room Spa Service ($)
- Late check-out until 14:00 hrs
- Pool towel in room
- Priority when making reservations at the YHI-SPA
- Reservation guaranteed in a la carte restaurants
- Tea time and snack service
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Melia Marina VaraderoVaradero,Cuba
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Parque Natural de Punta Hicacos Matanzas, Varadero 42200 Cuba
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.