- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
The Melia Varadero is a really great choice for those looking for a luxurious stay in Varadero. The food choices in this resort is fresh and better in quality than what you'd usually experience in some resorts in Cuba. Really great a la carte restaurants to choose from. Make sure to make a reservation at the steakhouse! The staff is what makes the resort great. They always tailor their services to each and every guest and always remember names. The attentive and personable nature of the resort team is what keeps guests returning. While the resort does appear to be a little dated, the constant maintenance and renovations, ensures that the Melia is making strides to improve the experience of the resort.
Location: Access to 2 beautiful beaches, just a 5 minute walk to Las Americas Shopping Centre, 10 minute drive to downtown Varadero, and 30 minutes from the airport.
Just spent a week @ the Melia Varadero we were treated like Royalty,the entertainment was truly top notch definitely cirque de soleil material, the dancers ~especially Joshua~ oh my Livia Virgen-the entertainment coordinator goes above and beyond to make your stay fun!We will definitely be back
I wouldn’t recommend this place. It is meant to be a 5star luxury place and it wasn’t even close. I’ve stayed in 3 star places in India and Africa which are ten times better. It was dirty, the bed linen had stains on it. There was sick in the stairwell which didn’t get cleaned for 2 days. The pool bar was poor service. The main Buffett area was ok but at the weekends the locals get discounts so it is heaving. The pool was dirty. It wasn’t even over crowded it was just dirty and missed any finishing touches to bring any luxury. I wouldn’t recommend it.
We are very pleased with everything in this hotel, but sometimes some cocktail ingredients were missing and service was slow.Overall, very pleasant stay and we would definitely come back and recommend this hotel!
My husband and I have been to this resort twice already and we are returning in two more days. We're looking forward to see all our friends that we made from our previous visits. Ask Yanta to have those Pina Coladas ready for me 😉We are hoping to have sunshine, but if not that's ok too, better that having to shovel snow. See you soon Melia Varadero :-)
Make sure to upgrade to the “LEVEL”. Faster service and they make better cappuccino and other drinks. All the staff are nice and friendly. I enjoyed the seafoods during lunch and dinner. Awesome Room service and great Wifi. Thank you Melia Varadero
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner daily
- A la carte restaurants, limited to 4 visits per stay
- Unlimited local drinks, selected International drinks and House Wine with meals
- 24 hour room service
- 24 hour snacks
- Hammocks, beach & pool chairs, beach umbrellas
- Towel service
- Pedal boats
- Aqua-bikes & banana boats (every other day)
- Lit tennis
- Introductory scuba diving lesson at pool
- Dance lessons
- Cooking demonstrations
- Spanish lessons
- Cocktail-making lessons
- Daily activities
- Nightly entertainment
- Complimentary shuttle service to Melia Las Americas, Plaza Las Americas and Sol Palmeras hotels
- Concierge Service
- Exclusive floor with 70 rooms and suites
- VIP Bar Lounge serving a la carte snacks and continental breakfast
- Complimentary Wi-Fi connection in common areas and rooms
- Early check-in subject to availability and late check-out up until 14:00 hrs
- Guaranteed reservations at the hotel's a la carte restaurants
- Free 24-hour room service
- Personalized bar in suites
- Priority bookings for golf and sports courts
- Three green fees included at the Varadero Golf Club
- Free sauna in the gym
- VIP bathroom amenities, bathrobe, slippers and pool towel in the room
- Express laundry service at no extra charge and first ironing service complimentary
- Pillow menu and nightly turndown service
- 490 rooms
- 1 buffet restaurant
- 4 a la carte restaurants: International, Seafood, Steakhouse (reservations required, dress code in effect)
- Beach BBQ
- 2 snack bars
- 24 hour Room service
- 24 hour cafeteria
- 5 bars
- 2 swimming pool
- 2 lit tennis courts
- Golf nearby
- Gift shop and Jewelry shop
- Beauty salon
- Massage service (fee)
- Internet access (fee)
- 4 meeting and banquet halls for up to 450 guests
- 24 hour medical service
Standard Hotel Rooms include:
- 1 king or 2 twin beds
- Full bathroom
- Hair dryer 220V (converter needed)
- Satellite TV
- In-room safe (fee)
- Mini bar (fee)
- Max occupancy 3 persons
Oceanview Rooms same as above but with ocean view.
Superior Rooms same as above but with larger balcony and ocean view.
Kids Deals - 1 child 3-12 years pay special all-inclusive rate. Please inquire for further deals.
For the Kids - Children's pool, Babysitting service (fee)
Honeymooners - Private check-in and late check-out, room upgrade, (based on availability at check-in) breakfast in room the morning after arrival, flowers in the room on arrival, fruit basket and bottle of wine on arrival, romantic dinner for 2, welcome cocktail. Request at time of booking. Proof of marriage certificate required at check-in. Valid up to 6 months after the wedding, a minimum 6 night stay required.
Free Weddings Packages - Minimum number of guests required, please inquire for details.
Golf Specials - 1 round of free golf per person per week is offered. Golf is based on 18 holes, Caddies and carts are mandatory. Golf should be pre-booked to avoid missing preferred tee times. Minimum 7 night stay applies.
Seniors Specials - Guests 55+ receive special discounts. Proof of age required at time of check-in.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Carretera de las Morlas Autopista Sur Km 7, Varadero 42200 Cuba
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.