- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
Great price. Hotel need lots work but great location Old hotel but friendly personal. Close to every where Must go to Casa de la música and Beatles bar. Ride the tour bus for 5 cuc all day it get you all way around Varadero same ticket get you back
1. My room was changed last minute. The room had a leaking air conditioner, that could not be turned off or controlled, it blew strong cold air while dripping a lot of water in to a large puddle on the room floor. There was: toothpaste and saliva on the bathroom sink fixture; there were no towels; no towels; no toilet paper; minifridge had not been cleaned in years; generally the whole room was filthy; a single wire acted as lock on the sliding glass door on this bottom floor unit. The store at the front of the resort which was part of the resort, was often worked/cashiered by a blond straight haired woman that regularly ripped me off - i purchased the same items every day and every day the same items cost completely different amounts. I think the most she scammed me for was 10 CUCs. On my last visit to the store, she refused to give me any change.The food was above and beyond the usual bad food of Cuba. They served rolls covered in some sort of syrup on Xmas Eve, they served the same stiff rolls the following breakfast, lunch and dinner and then the follow breakfast after that.I am suing transat as result of this experience.
We had a group stay at Villa Tortuga from December 10th to 17th. All in all the resort was alright. We had some issues with leaky toilets and moldy rooms but the weather was great,the beach is right there. The food wasn't the best but you could walk to restaurants close by. We paid under 500 dollars so really no complaints. Sun and Fun!!
We hoped to have a great experience in beautiful Varadero beach. And this was the experience in this all inclusive place: rooms are unmaintained and in horrible condition fit for a Brazilian favela; the tourist segment it attracts is low end cheap travelers from Europe and Canada including many people who are constantly drunk (free alcohol), throwing up and many dodgy characters fit for extremist right wing rallies and white trash; food is below average although plenty and free; many parts of the rooms were rusty and not working (doors), air conditioning could not be controlled; the whole front desk is a mafia of secondary tourist market (off books). But the beach is beautiful.
This is the most terrible hotel i have ever been to. I got fleas bites all over my body !!! Disgusting !! We'got the all inclusive package but we mostly ate out ,at the local restaurants or even at the locals homes, because the good was not very good. Despite all of these they do have a really beautyful beach , which made me feel in vacation !!!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Unlimited House Wine with lunch and dinner, Domestic beer and drinks (10am-11pm)
- Pedal boats
- Pool scuba clinic
- Spanish lessons
- Dance lessons
- Games room
- Daily activities program
- Nightly entertainment
- Kids' Club
- 266 rooms in various 2-3 storey buildings
- Buffet restaurant
- Snack bar
- Children's pool
- 3 bars including Lobby bar(fee)
- Beach towels (fee)
- Tennis court (fee)
- Gift shop
- Car rental
- Massages (fee)
- Internet access (fee)
- Kids' Club (ages 5-12)
- 2 twin beds
- Satellite TV
- In-room safe (fee)
- Bathroom with shower only
- Balcony or terrace
- Max occupancy 3 persons
- Same as above but larger, bathroom with tub and shower, and ocean view.
Resort Location Map
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Calle 9 e/ Boulevard y Ave. Kawama Matanza, Varadero 42200 Cuba
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.