Wyndham Dominicus Beach
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
1) Staff - Poor hospitality and poor rating in this aspect! The front desk staff always had an attitude and were not warm and inviting when you would expect them to be. We would come up to them with questions and issues and they were rude and seemed to be bothered by anything and everything. We got the biggest eye roll from the money exchange teller because we asked for two $10 bills in exchange for a $20. We complained about the air conditioner in one of the two rooms we had booked. My brother and Mom had to sleep in our room due to it being too hot in there for one night. They had there room changed the next day.We requested a crib in our room multiple times when we called the hotel to confirm before our trip and no crib was present when we arrived, so we had to call and request that. 2) Room- The rooms were ok, we were in the not recently updated area, we stayed in a Superior Garden Queen. The bathroom was outdated and there was soap scum in the shower, the shower did not look clean at all. There was a half used conditioner bottle in the bathroom (in which I threw out) but the housekeeping staff never replaced them. The room was ehhh, sheets looked clean and we did have a nice garden view with a spacious patio. My mother's room was updated and nice but they had construction going on the whole time and had a view of a pile of rubble across the way. We had a first floor room but if you have upper level rooms, there are no elevators at least in the sections we were in 2200's to 2600's, so if you can't climb stairs request a first floor room.3) Food- Buffet food was average many people from our party were sick with stomach bugs from the food. If I had to choose which buffet was the best (because there are 3 of them) I would say the main buffet in the middle of the resort. Reserve the restaurant's on the resort the first day you get there because they book up quick. The Dominican Restaurant El Palito De Coco (something like that) was delicious! The waiter there was amazing we gave him a nice tip because he was the nicest one on the resort.I would recommend the Sancocho (stew) and the Mangu as an appetizer, Sooooo goood! The Cafe or Viva Cafe (something like that) was where they held the rehearsal dinner the food was very good there as well. The White Fish and the spinach rollatini things were delicious. Atlantis is where the wedding reception was held; the food was overcooked, my husband had the lobster and I had the steak, they were ok, The iced coffee from the coffee man next to the buffet on the far right of the resort was delicious!4) Excursions: Would recommend Crazy Wheels (Buggy and 4 wheeler) excursion, it was fun wish there were more cool things to see there, but it was an experience. The Isla Saona excursion was not worth it, most of the time you spent on a boat or transferring to a different boat. Didn't have any snorkeling sites as it was told to us was part of the excursion. We were supposed to go to an area with giant starfish but that didn't happen either (not enough time). WTF? 5) Beaches: They were nice we enjoyed this part.6) Pools: There were 3 pools(I think), if you are facing the resort from the beach the main (middle) pool was nice because it had a ledge where the kids could wade and also had a slant so you could walk in the pool. The pool to the far left of the resort was nice too but i only walked by that one didn't get to enjoy it. The resort is huge and everything is very spread out. End Result: Would not return, just didn't feel welcomed and everything was just average. I mean it was super cheap due to us having a discount with the group booking of rooms, but expected more from Wyndham.P.S Wi-fi is only free in designated areas
I just came back on Oct 10/2017, after spending 14 days at this wonderful Resort, everything was perfect the staff were very professional and polite. I stayed in one of the bungalows, my chamber maid made sure I wasnt missing anything. The resort is quite huge and alot of young people... my only complaint would be the Mexican Resaurant, the service is lousy we had to beg for wine and the plates of appetizers were lefted empty. The best service we received was a la carte The Atlantis and the food was GREAT!!! I would also like to mention the entertainment was also excellent. I would highly recommend this Resort.
It is a very organized resort with an amazing group in charge of social activities. Nightly theme parties, revue shows, beach activities kept us busy, having a different type of fun per day. The place alone, the beach,the sunsets, were simply fabulous. The only one thing to be aware of is that there is no Wi-Fi, as we are used to in the US. Only one area offers free Wi-Fi and it is weak and sometimes inaccessible. Rent time in the computer shop if you have to take care of any business while you're there. Otherwise, it was nice to be disconnected from the cell phone. Go and enjoy, this place is sooo worth it.
We had a beachside bungalow. They are small, but we didn't plan to be in it much. Hurricane Maria thought otherwise and we spent about 16 continuous hours listening to the wind howl. The staff had everything prepared and we did fine. Even brought us additional water and toilet paper in the midst of the wind and rain. The trip to Isla Saona was fantastic. Do the Super Saona version. It is well worth the money. The staff were wonderful and a big thank you to Juan and Jorge. The resort could use some better shopping within and just outside of the gates. Unless you signed up for excursions, you have no need to leave the place. No some general Spanish to help with your stay. We managed with a few words, pointing, and charades!
I went for the weekend with my friends and stayed at the boogaloo 1401. Everything was fine until the air conditioner stopped working around 7pm the sir in the front desk called Freddy said nothing else but "the guy who is going to fix it is on his way you should go out and we will see". It started working by the time we came back from dinner. At 3:30am the AC stopped working again. We woke up bitten by mosquitoes and sweating. The response from our friend Freddy was even less helpful this time. By 4:00am we suggested we could get moved to another room, they said THE WHOOOOLE PLACE was booked, thing we proved was not true, the boogaloo next to us was empty.We understood that things break sometimes, what we don't understand is why be rude with guests at 4am when all we want to do is sleep.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner daily
- A la carte restaurants for dinner
- Snacks (24 hours)
- Low fat corner in the buffet restaurant
- Domestic drinks
- Water polo
- Water aerobics in the pool
- Meditation & Yoga lessons
- Day & night tennis
- Fitness centre with trainer
- Bocci ball on beach
- Beach volleyball
- Disco (drinks included)
- Nightly entertainment
- 530 rooms in 3 storey buildings
- 1 Buffet & 2 a la carte restaurants
- Snack bar
- 3 Bars
- Disco (fee)
- 4 Pools (includes kids' pool)
- Fitness facilities
- Shops (fee)
- Laundry (fee)
- Tennis courts (fee)
- Massage (fee)
- Beauty salon (fee)
- Medical facilities (fee)
- Dive center (fee)
- 1 queen bed
- Full bathroom
- Satellite TV
- In-room safe
- Balcony or terrace
- Max. occ. 2
- Same as above with 2 queens or 1 king bed
- Full bathroom with hair dryer
- Mini-fridge with soft drinks & water
- Coffee maker
- Iron & ironing board
- Garden view
- Max. occ. 4
For the Kids - Viva Kid's Club for ages 4-12 and kid's section of pool.
Weddings - Wedding packages are available. Please inquire for details.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Wyndham Dominicus BeachLa Romana,Dominican Republic
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
La Romana, Bayahibe Dominican Republic
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.