Sandals LaSource Grenada
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
We flew to Grenada with Virgin and stayed for 2 weeks at Sandals. Once again we had a very enjoyable holiday, a room on Pink Gin Beach and had excellent food at the various restaurants our favourite being Butch's Steak House where the surf and turf is to die for.The staff are extremely well trained and they have very professional chefs. They are all very pleasant and will do anything to help you if you have any problems.The gardens round the resort are beautiful and well looked after. For people who like diving there are excellent facilities and for snorkelers also. The Sandals boat does a daily trip in the afternoon for about one hour taking guests across to the capital St Georges and the staff point out local places of interest and tell you about the capital which they are very proud of. Grenada is know as The Spice Island and you can purchase various spices to bring back for friends in the UK. The boat does not allow you to disembark and look round the capital but it is a pretty trip and gives you an idea of places to visit should you wish to get a taxi and spend time in St George's.
The food is simply GREAT... Shushi, pizza, vienoiseries, Buffet, French, Italien, Japenese ;-) Room with a beach view is good... close to everything and quiet. A lot of stairs depending on where you are.The beach is not the best I've seen... not for "long walk" lover!!! Smiles are everywhere... Love Japira in the animation team ;-)
Apart from a poor reception on arrival at the hotel, where we were kept waiting for far too long, the rest of the holiday was very good. We liked our room on the top floor of the Pink Gin Village, where we had a good view of the pool, garden area, beach and sea. Staff are very welcoming and friendly - and mostly efficient. The diving is very good and goes straight from the jetty. Two tank dives and back for lunch! Meals were usually good but long waits can be expected in some restaurants if you haven't paid the exorbitant extra for a butler. There does tend to be a bit more emphasis on the burger and hot dog crowd than on the fine dining crowd at his resort. At least most people do dress reasonably smartly for their evening meal, with very few in shorts or caps.Like most Sandals resorts, the grounds were magnificent and very well maintained by the hard working grounds staff. This is important as there is little else to see around the resort and no where really to walk to, from the resort.The beach is small but tidy with two well protected swimming areas. Snorkelling, right from the beach, is very popular and very good.The new buildings, away from the original Pink Gin Village, are very smart and in lovely rounds - but you could, really, be anywhere. On holiday we like to be by the beach and to see the sea from our room - which is why the pink Gin Village was ideal for us.Overall a very enjoyable holiday.
Beautiful resort with fantastic rooms. We had a waterfall room at the back of the property and it was lovely. Resort is long and skinny and so it was quite a long walk to the beach. Be prepared for "hilly" sidewalks at the back of the property. Oddly, the quiet pool was at the front of the property by the beach and the activity noisier pool was at the back. So we thought we would have a quiet room when it was actually by the noisier pool. Beach is very small and quite rocky. Not the resort for you, if you like long walks on the beach. The food was absolutely amazing in all restaurants! Butchs Steakhouse and La Jardinier were our favorites! However, service was definitely not to a Sandals level in our opinion. Majority of the staff did not seem happy and it was difficult to get good service. Many times we got the feeling that we were "bothering " the staff. Drink service on the beach was very slow , because of the distance from bar to beach! It seemed like another bar on the beach or in the area would be beneficial! Shining star at this resort is the spa.... massage on the pier at dusk was AMAZING! Spa staff were fabulous! Overall a great vacation, just marred by the service level.
We couldn't have picked a better location.it was an amazing wedding moon in Paradise. Staff awesome, accommodations were perfect. Our wedding was all we dreamed of. Special shout out to Deanette and Kandel our wedding coordinators. They were the best at all they did for us. We are so happy and would come again soon.Thank you
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Daily buffet breakfast
- A la carte lunch and dinner (no reservations required)
- Unlimited domestic, select international and premium brand drinks (Beringer wines included)
- Beach & pool volleyball
- Hiking trails
- Selected non-motorized water sports
- Paddle boarding
- Table tennis
- Giant outdoor chess
- Board games
- Daily activities program
- Nightly entertainment
- Met on arrival by Club Sandals Concierge
- Served cold/warm towels on arrival
- Privately checked in at the Club Sandals Lounge
- Escorted to room by Club Sandals Concierge
- In-Room Orientation by Club Sandals Concierge
- Private Resort Orientation by Club Sandals Concierge
- Club Sandals Welcome packet on arrival
- 24 hours concierge service
- High-definition flat-screen TV
- Selection of Board Games, books and novels
- Tea and coffee station with assorted tea and freshly Ground Coffee (Blue Mountain Coffee)
- Coffee machine in all lounges serving Espressos and Cappuccinos
- New York Times and British Today, The Canadian and any other Times Fax as requested
- Kindles available in the Lounge
- iPads displaying menus, martini menu, weekly activities and Managers wine list
- Library of Local Books available
- Air conditioned comfort
- Signature Scent
- Soothing Background Music
- Free Basic Wi-Fi
- Alcoholic Beverages, Sparkling Wine, Juice, Soda and Water
- All Day Snacks and Pastries (Croissants, Muffins, Cookies, Assorted Jamaican Desserts, Fruits, Sandwiches, Wraps...)
- Concierge Signature Drink
- Guest check-out with Club Sandals Concierge
Club Level is available with certain room categories only.
- 225 rooms and suites
- 3 villages : Pink Gin Village, Italian Village, South Seas Village
- 9 restaurants
- 3 pools plus 2 river pools
- Red Lane Spa (fee)
- Beauty salon (fee)
- Medical services (fee)
- Room service (fee)
- Complimentary property-wide WiFi
- Tennis court
- Scuba diving (fee)
- 1st floor of the Grenadines Block in the Pink Gin Village
- 1 king-size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Full bathroom
- Flat screen TV
- WiFi Internet
- Ipod dock station
- Alarm clock
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Balcony or terrace
- Maximum occupancy 2 adults
More room classes available, please inquire.
Resort Location Map
Sandals LaSource GrenadaGrenada,Grenada
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Pink Gin Beach Grenada
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.