Henry Morgan Resort
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
The thing that jumps out at me the most was the flies and the smell. We only did a day trip and I would not recommend this to any cruisers. The drinks were okay and the staff were friendly but the facility is in bad need of a facelift. Our guide Aleza was excellent but was the only interaction we had there. The food was not good and we didn't feel very comfortable eating it. There must be better places to visit in Roatan so I recommend finding somewhere else as a better option.
Henry Morgan is a nice all inclusive hotel, that has lost some of its enchantment. The suites were very confortable and have a nice front pool. But at the same time they lack basic stuff like no phones to contact the front desk or to ask for service. The food at the main restaurants is Ok, and what you can expect from an all inclusive; although I would think they can be better.The front pool need work, it docent look clean and the atmosphere is not a the level you would expect.The cafeteria next to the front pool is terrible. This is one of the main things HM can really work on. The flies and the bad food talks really bad about the hotel with in general terms offers a good stay.
Would not recommend. Went there with my girlfriend and a lot of things were missing. Overall the resort is average at best. The only thing I actually enjoyed out of the whole trip was the dancing shows they have at night. Food was old, horrible, and at times disgusting. I had to go outside to buy some food because I was about to get sick. They should really improve there. The rooms were average nothing especial about it, however they should change the beds since they were too stiff. The reception was a nightmare, too slow and had to wait like an hour to check in. Not to mention the horrible service they have with transportation to and from the airport. Overall a bad experience, i would not go there ever again. I stood there thinking it was going to be cheap, but I stayed at the Infinity Inn one day which is waaaaaaaaaaaay classier and about the same price. I actually wish i would of stayed there in the first place.
- very friendly staff. - speak English French and of course Spanish. - Food was good always a good soup, pizza, chicken, fish, pork and once in a while beef, no hot dogs nor hamburgers, lots of delicious fruits. Plates are sausers, yes you read right tiny plates = no waste. If you want a regular plate bring some disposable ones. - good service from Freedy and Marcial. - give them a tip they work hard. ROOMS: wood construction not very sound proof, our room in the b section had a very comfi bed, memory foam, the rooms are big enough a few cob webs in the bath room. B section has no second floor so no one tramples on you head. - HOTEL LOBBY all dark wood, reminded me of a huge sugar shack in Quebec, HOTEL: needs paint and washing of buildings, grounds could be better maintained. POOL: warm but water was cloudy, -DIVING n SNORKELLING: fantastic!!! the best Iv ever had! Good people at the DIVE SHOP. -BEACH: narrow and crowded, plenty of chairs. Ocean floor is nice. WATCH OUT: For sand flies, noseeems, even at high noon they bite, bring the strongest repellant you can find. Ask for cushions for the chairs the flees bite your back through the straps of the chairs, they are horrible! We did not feel this was a romantic place but we had a very good time. PS: Marie Anna at the spa give a fantastic massage. Hope I was able to help, I tried to be as precise as possible.
Very friendly staff, buffet was excellent and had enough variety to satisfy everybody's taste buds. Beach is incredible, snorkeling is amazing and quite accessible. Place is a bit tired but they are working to improve it. Had 2 issues during the week but they were quick to resolve the issues. Security is quite present therefore reassuring. Animation team present all day long and fun! It is not a luxurious place but it is quite pleasant and we were quite pleased with it. Only annoying item is that it's very hard to get change over there; they have ATM's but it only gives in local currency(Lempira) and high enough amount that they are hard to change.We will go back.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Afternoon tea & snacks
- Unlimited domestic drinks
- Use of kayaks
- Daily activities & nightly entertainment
- 116 rooms
- 5 star PADI dive centre (fee)
- Gamesroom Internet facilities (fee)
- Sundry & clothing shop
- Massage room (fee)
- Medical services
- 2 double beds
- In-room safe
- Bathroom with shower
- Hair dryer
- Balcony or terrace
- Maximum occupancy per room is 3 or 2 adults & 2 children
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Henry Morgan ResortHonduras,Honduras
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Carretera Pavimentada Ppal, West Bay Beach, West Bay, Roatan Honduras
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.