- What's Included
Classic decoration, always with "Something more"Perfect service in room and at the restaurant.The welcome, after 4 years since our last visit was as sympathetic...we will try to be shorter in returning !!
1. Personnel is amazing, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Especially Xenia at Front-Desk2. Cleaning is great3. Breakfast is regular, but no tasty sweets :( cappuccino isn’t that great like Italian more like in France 🙈). Really good scrambled eggs , salmon, ham and cheese! other stuff like fried eggs and omelette go with additional payments which is more for 4*4. Rooms: Superior double - its standard in factSize: very small and tiny, stated like 20sm, looks less, but #388 no way, from both sides are lifts, and half of rooms is taken by one of them and its noisy, plus outside at 6:30am garbage machine was taking stuff during 1h, was extremely noisy, i had to change room, Xenia was very helpful here. Next room was more regular size, bathroom extremely small, if you want to have room service or drink glass of wine there is simply no space for that :). Ps. My neighbors from Russia also had to change the room due noise, they were near kitchen and lift... then they changed hotelInterior: up to 4th floor looks like renovated but old fashion style, furniture and bathroom is rather old as well. 5th floor extremely old, like 80thsFacilities: very good (Etro for bathroom, good towels, sleepers, bathrobe), the only problem - no tea pot at allOverall interesting, but would find more newly hotel with bigger roomsPluses: 1. Very strong - They provide each guest with Hello smartphone, which you can take with you as you phone, with free Internet and international calls covered. It is very convenient for tourists! 2. Bar and restaurant were great, food and drinks 3. Personnel 4. good spaces (different areas) for evening teas or wine if you don’t want to have it at bar area5. Location- perfect for shopping!!! Minuses: 1. no tea pot at all, you need to call to bar2. size of standard room, it isn’t for 5*3. some rooms seemed to be smoking as it smelled in the corridors (390-391)4. Noise from street will be anyway - no matter what view you have , windows with no sound proof at all. I had been woken each day at 6:30 by garbage machine from street, then cleaning streets machine, so no way to sleep, if you are sensitive to the noise5. no gym (how it became 5*?🙄)
The hotel is glamorous and cozy in the old fashioned sense. It's true to the inspiration of the name and the guests of long ago - English poets and writers. The staff is exceptionally professional, the rooms were spotless and elegant. We had two separate rooms and per our reservation request, they were located adjacent to each other. I was upgraded to a junior suite, which I never asked for and it was an incredible and much appreciated treat. Wifi was a bit sketchy at first, but it seemed to be an Apple problem, not the hotel, once they showed me the "trick" to keep it going it was perfect.The little bar was delightful and the breakfast buffet was filled with variety for anyone's tastes. The concierge directed us to a wonderful neighborhood restaurant, Babette (see separate review) and the front desk team gave us guidance for shopping in the area (shoes!!!).They offered a lovely welcome treat, coffee/tea service in the room, and a free Handy phone, which we did not need, but what a terrific idea!The location is wonderful, so many sights within easy walking distance.We were sad to have only one night in the hotel, looking forward to staying there again the next time I am in Roma.
The first appearance is most striking. Right by the Plazza di Spagna, it is close to all the international luxury shops. The rest is tourist pizzeria. Unfortunately the style is classically by terribly run down, and needs urgent renovation ! The staff in inattentive and distracted. At that level of pricing it is not acceptable.
I had the family suite. Room 141 and 142 it's just two rooms with a door in between. The staff was great here. The problem was the loud noise all night long and especially at 630-7am right out side my window. I got zero sleep my entire stay because of this. I won't be back but if I had to I would demand a higher room not on 1st floor. The wifi was horrible in my room I ended up using my cell plan data more which cost me $$ I did call and the staff came up but in their phone too my room had horrible service. The location of hotel can't be beat for shopping
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 89 rooms
- 1 restaurant
- 1 bar
- Meeting facilities
- Room service
- Laundry services
- 1 full bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Cable television
- Iron and ironing board
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Via Bocca di Leone 14, 00187 Rome Italy
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.