- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
I would strongly recommend the hotel riu Jamaica this was our second trip there and both times were excellent the staff was amazing food was excellent and the hotel was very clean can’t wait to go back next year
Had a great holiday from the moment we arrived the hotel is spotlessly clean had a great room on the second floor all the staff was friendly. There was a great selection of food and drink 24 hrs if you want it and the entertainment was good you could use the two hotels either side too .the only thing I would say is take U.S. dollars not Jamaican everything is in US dollars and the trips and taxies we're expensive saying that if your happy to stay in the resort you really don't need to go anywhere x perfect holiday x
Much to see and do - very relaxing after seeing some of the more alarming and 'grimier' places around the port and outlet shopping. Montego Bay is quite beautiful. We found the service and atmosphere electrifying.
We visited as a couple in October 2017 and would recommend this to anyone whether couples, family, older or younger. The hotel staff were fantastic always smiling and happy, remembered what we liked to eat and drink in the restaurants and this made the stay welcoming. The buffets gave lots of choice of all types of cuisine, something for everyone. The best food was the jerk chicken served on the beach each day by Chop Chop who was very friendly. All of the rooms are in good distance to the beach and main restaurants, even the rooms at the back of the resort. Our room was cleaned to exceptional standard and bar stocked every other day with water, Coke, orangeade drink, red stripe and there were 4 optics also topped up; rum, gin, brandy and whisky. The air conditioning worked exceptionally well. Our room did not have WiFi although this could be added at a fee of $35. We found though that the free WiFi was available throughout most of the main parts of the resort, reception, restaurants, by the pool and on the beach. Some of the rooms nearer these areas could also pick up the WiFi. The signal was very good. The entertainment team throughout the day were very great, with games on the beach and by the pool. We found the time difference difficult and so were in bed by 9 each night when the evening entertainment was on. The whole place had a laid back vibe with lots of Jamaican reggae music being played on the beach and by the pool. The beach is sandy with plenty of sun loungers there and also by the pool with optional shade. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is because one pool was shut the whole week & the beach bar was also out of action half the week because of an electrical fault. Even so, this didn’t ruin our holiday, we had a fantastic time, came home totally relaxed and would definitely go back.
I visited the Riu Montego Bay in November. The place was nice, food was good and the staff I would give a 8 out of 10. The rooms were a bit dated and the bed was hard as a rock. The rooms and properties were clean and well kept. For what we paid, we were happy. Lots of things to do in and around the hotel. The location of the hotel was perfect. We would visit again.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner (buffet & made to order food stations)
- 3 theme dinners per week
- 24 hour snacks and drinks including international and domestic
- In-room mini bar and liquor dispenser (replenished regularly)
- Day & night tennis
- Snorkeling equipment
- 1 introductory scuba lesson in the pool
- Beach volleyball
- Games room
- Use of gym
- Table tennis
- Entrance to disco including drinks
- Daily activities for adults & children
- Nightly entertainment
- Buffet and a la carte restaurants including Italian, Asian and Grill steakhouse
- Swimming pool with Jacuzzi
- Tennis courts
- Watersports centre
- Spa (fee)
- Games room
- WiFi in lobby
- Conference Rooms (fee)
- Laundry service (fee)
Oceanview or Oceanfront Rooms include:
- 2 double beds or 1 king size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Satellite TV
- Radio alarm clock
- Mini bar with soft drinks
- Beer and water
- Liquor dispenser
- Electronic in room safe (laptop size 15")
- Bathroom with tub and shower
- Hair dryer and amenities kits
- Balcony or terrace.
- Max. occupancy: 3 adults with 1 child or 2 adults with 2 children
Family Rooms include:
- Same as Hotel Room with 1 king bed and 1 double bed
- Balcony or terrace with garden view
- Max. occupancy: 4 adults or 3 adults with 2 children
- Min. occupancy: 2 adults with 1 child or 3 adults
Suite Ocean Views include:
- Same as Oceanview Room with 1 king bed, with separate sitting area
- Walk-in closet
- Bathroom with hydromassage tub, separate shower, double sink, bidet, hair dryer and amenities kit
- Balcony or terrace with ocean view
- Max. occupancy: 2 adults with 2 children or 3 adults with 1 child
Kids Deal - 2 Children 12 years & under stay & eat free. Limited availability. Hotel room only.
For the Kids - Children's swimming pool and kids mini club and playground (aged 4-12).
Honeymoon Bonus - Surprise welcome gift in your room, King-size bed, Late check-out, and Complimentary upgrade to next available room class. Request at time of booking. Proof of marriage required. Subject to availability and subject to change.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Riu Montego BayMontego Bay,Jamaica
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Mahoe Bay, Ironshore, Montego Bay Jamaica
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.