Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
I am giving this 5 stars because of our Butler Michael. He made our trip special. Please ask for Michael if you choose a preferred room. The water and the mountain views are so beautiful. We enjoyed the music. Love Jamaica.
All in all it was very nice.. had a little trouble getting towels and bathrobes — but the food was great, service was excellent, drinks were constantly being offered. My only advise is don’t take their little shopping excursion.. scary and definitely not worth it. Drugs were constantly being offered, for the most part they are very poor... and desperate. Was so glad when we got back inside the gates of the resort. Would definitely go there again!
Actually stayed on the St James side. Awesome grounds. In good condition. Chris Brown is an awesome bell hop. Friendliness of staff is hit or miss. Sometimes we felt like they really did not care about our satisfaction. Really try hard to talk us out of what we wanted with other alternatives. As an example, when they ran out of Jack Daniels, they simply wanted my husband to drink Jim Beam. These are not the same! And although available in hotel, they were hesitant to get it. Wanted us to go there. Workout facility is too small for the hotel. And the equipment was not operating effectively. Very outdated. Complaints were not acted upon for 5 days. People using treadmills were very upset.Food was very good at most of the restaurants. Beaches were kept in great shape. Getting cocktails on the beach took way too long.Not really much entertainment. Rained a couple days... poured rain 2pm for rest of night. Makes eating dinner tough because much of seating is outside.Towel availability for guests on beach and pool was really good.
Spent a week in Jamaica unfortunately weather was rainy and we discovered that this is normal for November. Staff from the moment we arrived was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and large with a nice size balcony. Bathroom needs a renovation as it's starting to be run down. Biggest complaint was our toilet it seemed to stop flushing everyday at the same time. This went on for 6 of the 7 days we were there. Each time maintenance responded quickly but no one seemed to be able to fix it permanently. Food wise breakfast and lunch buffet were good. Worst restaurant I would say was the Italian. Grounds were well kept and clean. Beach area could use a clean up as its too rocky and lacks attention.
Before you read any further, let me let you in on a secret: the "all-inclusive" food is going to disappoint you and the staff expects you to tip for any and everything. If you want friendly, great food and lots to do - skip this place and pony up the extra $1k for Sandals.This place wasn't terrible but Jamaica in general is a money trap. Everyone at this hotel will expect a tip for everything and about 1/2 the staff did not like tourists (why work at a touristy place if you hate tourists). You won't get the warm and fuzzies from the people working here and they will just try to sell you excursions for their buddies or their own profits despite them not being very good or what you're looking for.The food? And "restaurants" forget that - all the food is microwaved and they ration based on time of day so if you get to lunch late, you will get the evil eye from the staff and they will be "out" of most of the food despite having it the next day.I gave it three stars bc it's pretty cheap.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks daily
- Limitless fruit juices and soft drinks
- Limitless international and domestic premium beer and top-shelf spirits
- In-suite mini bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water and premium beer
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour dining at Buffet and Coco Cafe
- Pool and beach wait service
- No reservations at resort restaurants
- Aerobics, basketball, bocce ball, board games, catamarans, darts, jogging trail, ping-pong, sailing, soccer, snorkeling, tennis (lighted courts), volleyball, water aerobics, windsurfing, yoga
- Nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- 350 suites
- 1 Buffet and 7 a la carte restaurants (Grill, Seafood, Classic Mexican, French, Italian, Jamaican/Caribbean and Pan-Asian cuisine)
- 5 bars
- Spa (fee)
- Fitness centre
- Games room
- 24 Hour Concierge Service
- Beauty Salon (fee)
- Wireless internet access
- Business Center (fee)
- Medical Centre (fee)
Junior Suite includes:
- 1 King or 2 Queen beds
- Flat screen LCD TV
- Direct dial telephone
- Ceiling Fan
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access
- Coffee/ Tea Maker
- Iron & Ironing board
- Bathrobes & Slippers
- Whirlpool Tub
- Bathroom Amenities
- Private Furnished Balcony
- Sofa & Armoire
- Climate Control
- 24 hr room service
- Maximum occupancy 2
Preferred Club Inclusions:
- Private check-in and check-out
- Private concierge
- Private pool
- Sun beds and soaking tub on terrace
- Access to the Preferred Club Lounge
- Daily continental breakfast in Club Lounge
- Afternoon hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, exquisite desserts, and fine liquors in Club Lounge
- Complimentary computer access in Club Lounge
- Gratis in-suite daily newspaper and Internet
- Upgraded mini bar service and bath amenities
Honeymoon or Anniversary Bonus:
- Welcome letter
- Fresh fruit
- One bottle of sparkling wine
- Flowers in room upon arrival
- Rose petals in the room upon arrival
- Special turndown service
- Champagne breakfast in bed (reservations must be made in advance with Concierge)
- Slippers & bathrobe
- 15% discount on all treatments at the Spa.
*Please request at the time of booking.
**Proof of Marriage required at check-in.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego BayMontego Bay,Jamaica
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Lot 59A Freeport, Montego Bay Jamaica
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.