- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
A $6 million renovation later, Velas Vallarta looks absolutely gorgeous! This family friendly, tropical getaway with magnificent gardens, exquisite pool landscaping and endless activities, all set in a comfortable setting. Close to the Marina Vallarta, the Velas is almost a town unto itself, with its shopping arcade, restaurants, mini-market, deli and boutiques.
Location: On the beach in Marina Vallarta, 15 minute to downtown and, 5 minutes from the airport, minutes from a Joe Finger designed golf course.
We just returned from a 2 week stay at this property. Our one bedroom suite had a large balcony overlooking the lush, well kept grounds and ocean. If there was a 'quiet' pool, we were unable to find it, however, we were there over the holidays so that may be as expected. We did have a couple of issues, the first week our next door neighbors with a couple of small children started yelling at each other at 9:00 am every morning. Mom yelling at the kids, kids crying and screaming at Mom and each other until they left each morning at around 10:00 am for the pool. Second and very bothersome issue; I became ill midway into our stay and required medical assistance. I called the Concierge to ask if they could offer any assistance. They stated that they work with a local hospital and English speaking doctors that make house calls. A doctor came to the room, looked at my throat, nothing more, then provided me with 3 antibiotic pills and a package of ibuprofen at a cost of $220 usd. He assured me I would feel better immediately. There was absolutely no improvement, I only felt worst as the days went on. Upon return I contacted my own physician and was diagnosed with a viral infection and told that antibiotics would be useless. Be aware.
Wonderful resort. Clean, service and hospitality were wonderful! There was something for everyone to do. We have 2 teenage sons and they really enjoyed the resort. All the staff spoke English well and had great customer service.
- ROOMS: We had an ocean view suite which was a good size with a full kitchen...although why would one ever need that in an all-inclusive resort? The deck was large and had a nice view of the ocean and main pool area. The room and furnishings are very dated (circa 1980's??). Bed was comfortable. Fridge not fully stocked each day, which it is supposed to be.- FOOD: The buffet restaurant near the beach was decent for breakfast and lunch. Standard buffet fair, not a great selection and it didn't change much from day to day. There were a couple of other restaurants on the resort that you could make reservations for. We went to Andrea Restaurant for dinner on our first night. Service was great, but the food was bland and did not appeal to either my wife or me.We ended up just having a nice walk (10-15 mins) to Marina Vallarta the remaining nights for great food at reasonable prices. We would take a cab back for 50 pesos (about $3.00 Canadian).- POOL(s) and GROUNDS: There were 3 pools. The pools were very nice. The problem we found was that apparently one of them is supposed to be adults only (quiet pool), but there certainly wasn't one during our stay. Maybe they just don't enforce it. The grounds are very lush and well maintained.- BARS/ENTERTAINMENT: This was REALLY SUB-PAR compared to any other all inclusive resorts we have ever stayed at and we have stayed at many. There was only really one bar and that was the pool bar. The hotel tries to pass off the hotel lobby as a bar...but there is no bar to be seen. You just grab a table in the LOBBY and someone will provide table service. It's kind of awkward. At night, they cordon off a portion of the lobby/"bar" for entertainment (dancing/casino night or whatever the case me be). There is no theater per say. When we booked our trip we saw the comments about this, but we really didn't understand how inadequate the on resort adult options (bars/restaurants etc) were until we arrived.So overall, if you are travelling as a couple I would recommend looking at other all-inclusive options in the area. This resort just doesn't provide the value for your dollar in comparison to other all-inclusive resorts. Or stay at a nice hotel that isn't all-inclusive and then explore all the excellent (and inexpensive) dining options in the area.
Although only 5-10 minutes from airport once there you are away from it all.Beach is excellent to walk, run, swim or snooze. Service is right on and even beach vendors let you be. Jet ski, parasail, excursions all there if you want or do nothing and relax. I am avid golfer and can walk to Marinas, excellent course with crocs on the banks of the creeks. Also, great 36 hole facility, Vista Vallarta only 20-30 minutes taxi 185 pesos (17/$) away. Highly recommended vacation!! -We did all inclusive but not necessary if will be looking to leave and eat/drink elsewhere. Make sure to have the French toast!!
Velas vallarta provided our family with the most perfect holiday. The staff and quality of service is incredible. Each person tries so hard to make your vacation special. The food is wonderful, the kids and adult activities are great! Starting with outstanding yoga every morning at the beach with Javier for me and my daughter. The view for breakfast was amazing. The omelet staff Elibet & Sandra remembered my special order every day and went way out of their way to make it perfect. The beach restaurant staff Demetrios, Jovani, Ernesto Neermisas and Daniel never let me carry my own plate and helped make my 4 year old sons birthday so special. The kids club has great organized activities and Osmar & Christain organized the most most amazing party for my sons birthday! The food was outstanding! The front desk service with Cindy and others was beyond wonderful. Tennis with Luis was so fun!The beach is wonderful here and so are the pools. We were a family of 15 travelling together and specifically my family of 3 kids and 2 all loved It! Thank you for everything !
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- A la carte lunch & dinner w/reservations
- 24 hr in-room service, including Continental breakfast
- Pizza to go from Andrea Restaurant
- Domestic & International drinks from 10am-Midnight
- Daily sunset cocktail
- In-room mini-bar w/water, soda & beer
- Boogie boards
- Daytime tennis
- Spanish lessons
- Dance lessons
- Discounts at hotel boutique
- Daily activities
- Nightly entertainment
- 339 renovated suites in three 8-storey buildings
- 2 restaurants: buffet, a la carte
- 24 hr room service
- 3 Bars including: Lobby bar and Swim-up bar
- 3 pools
- Children's pool
- 4 tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Gym and sauna
- Beauty & hair salon
- Spa facilities
- Internet access (fee)
- Concierge service
- 1 king or 2 single beds
- 1 double sofa bed
- Flat screen TV
- Pillow menu
- Kitchenette including hot plate, microwave, blender & toaster
- Coffee/tea maker
- In-room safe
- Bathroom with shower only
- Max occupancy 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids
One Bedroom Suites include:
- Same as above but with a seperate bedroom
- 1 king bed plus a L-sofa bed or 1 double
- Living area/dining room
- Full kitchen
- Balcony or terrace with pool, garden or ocean view
- Max occupancy 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids.
Kids Deals - Kids 3 years & under stay & eat free when sharing a room and existing bedding with 2 adults. Pay a special rate on airfare & transfers only. Max 2 kids.
For the Kids - Kids 4-12 can enjoy supervised activities at the Kids' Club and kid's pool. Babysitting upon availability (fee).
Honeymooners - Receive a bottle of wine and fruit basket in room. Request at time of booking. Proof of marriage certificate required at check-in.
Spa Packages - One day spa package for $99US. Hydrotherapy - including mud treatment (60 min), back and neck massage (30 min); marine bath (35 min) and use of sauna and tax. Request at time of booking. Pay locally.
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel offers early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Velas VallartaPuerto Vallarta,Mexico
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
585 Paseo de la Marina Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354 Mexico
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.