- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
- Restaurants & Bars
- Large beachfront pool with waterslide and kids area
- Daily activities, plus a teen lounge and kids club
- "Heaven" adults-only section with private beach, restaurants and multiple pools
- Modern, rock-themed decor and rooms
- Free Wi-Fi throughout resort
- All rooms feature a private balcony or terrace with hammock
- AAA 4 Diamond Award
For anyone reading this review, I typically do not write reviews but my husband and I had such a fantastic time on our trip to the Hard Rock Hotel in Riviera Maya, we felt we needed to share our experiences! First off, we went for our Honeymoon, but because of work we needed to wait a year after our wedding to celebrate. Not to worry because the staff at the HRRM went above and beyond in every aspect! I figured to get an idea of just how great of a time we had I would go day by day – it may be long, but bear with me! It’s worth it! We stayed on the Heaven side.Saturday: We had a transfer arranged through BDTravel (we booked our trip through Costco Travel) to take us from the airport to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel around 4pm and check in was a breeze. We were greeted with a welcome drink, we were upgraded to a Sky Terrace room, we were invited to schedule a honeymoon breakfast in bed, and one reservation at any restaurant (something to note: they do not take reservations at the restaurants unless for special occasions. We however, loved the flexibility in being able to go to dinner whenever we pleased). The bellboys brought our suitcases to our room and we followed inside to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Our room was beautiful - we were given a small tour and were shown a patio with some chairs and a hammock and led upstairs to our terrace with ocean views, lounge chairs, and a Jacuzzi! Just amazing. We wanted to spend at least a little time on the beach so we went down to the water for a swim, followed by dinner at Toro.Sunday: Our honeymoon breakfast in bed arrived around 8am and was just fantastic. Yogurt, grapefruit, eggs with beans and tortillas, mimosas, coffee, and juice. We booked a bali bed on the beach and Abraham and Alex were our servers. They had seen my husband and I walk down that morning with a beer in hand (hey, it was our first day who can blame us?!) and before we even got settled, we were greeted with a bucket with the same beers on ice! All day long we had unwavering service, beers, waters, Malibu bay breezes; you name it, you could have it. We spent all day in our cabana and then moved to the pool after 5pm. We were pretty exhausted so rather than going to dinner we stayed in and ordered room service (which is amazingly 24/7).Monday: We were able to book the Ibiza bali bed over the water and Oswaldo was our server. He was so sweet, helpful, and attentive. We were dealing with on and off rain as Tropical Storm Franklin was making way towards the Yucatan, and every time we would scurry off to shelter, Oswaldo would grab our towels and once the rain passed, replaced them with new ones. He was such a hard worker but always had a beaming smile on his face - we had such a great day! We had snacks at the pool bar for lunch and went to Los Gallos for dinner.Tuesday: TS Franklin had moved in full force - overnight our ceiling started leaking due to the rain so we called down to the front desk and they had someone upstairs within minutes checking it out. It was fixable, but would have been inconvenient with us in the room. They moved us to a new room, the same style as our first one, but with an even better view! We were very impressed with the way the situation was handled. Since it was raining all day, we decided it would be fun to walk along the beach while no one was out and experience a TS firsthand. It was such fun to get soaked in the rain! We walked over to the Hacienda side to see what that was all about and if you don’t have kids (like us) that was all the time we needed over there haha. We had our dinner reservation tonight at Ipanema, the Brazilian Steakhouse. All we can say is that we were STUFFED when we left. It was such a cool concept and one I have never seen implemented at another all inclusive resort. The food and service were fantastic. We powered through the evening and made it to Club Heaven tonight (open 11pm-3am) and had such a blast dancing!Wednesday: We spent most of Wednesday on the beach and though we didn’t have all day “butler” service like in the bali beds, there were still many servers on the beach bringing drinks and water bottles to guests. Jorge was helping us today and he had quite a sense of humor! We were drinking coronas and he made sure he always had cold ones on the way! We left the beach a little early because they were having a foam party at the pool – I was a bit skeptical on how this would all work, but I am glad my husband made me tag along with him. We had so much fun and it was quite the experience! We hung out by the pool the rest of the afternoon and met some friends. We all went to dinner at Le Petit Cochon and the food was just great!Thursday: Spent the morning on the beach again and today we had Nacho as our server. He took the time to ask our names and what we were drinking and every time he would bring us something new he would address us by name and we loved that personal touch. We spent a bit of time in the pool but not too much because we had to prepare for our Romantic Dinner. We pre-booked this with the vacation planners. The romantic dinner consisted of a table set up on the same platform as the bali beds and we had a bottle of Dom Perignon to accompany our steak and lobster tails. We had a salad as a first course, and a soup as the second. Dessert was a custard and had Happy Honeymoon written in chocolate on the plate (like I said, the details, be but small, were never ever left out!). Alex (from the beach) was serving our dinner and he was just fantastic. Gave us some insight into tequilas we might like, was joking with us, took some photos, and as always, served us with a big smile! Another beautiful touch was the accordion and violin duo that was playing music thru the dinner. Seriously a dream.Friday: We were in the Riviera Maya Bali Bed today (we booked it on Sunday) and it was just beautiful. We had a bottle of champagne on ice, drinks, waters, and food all delivered to us by Ignacio. Again, the service was great, always with a smile, and our last day in paradise was all we could ask for. We spent a few hours by the pool catching the last of the sun, went back to our room, packed our bags, and went to Ciao for dinner. Our last day was just to die for. Saturday: The day our vacation came to an end unfortunately. But we had such fun and we hope to return very very soon!In summary, our routine was to wake up, get breakfast, spend most of the day on the beach with a few drinks, sun, and water, and then move to the pool in the afternoon (depending on activities). Lunch was either buffet in Toro or Ciao or the snacks by the pool (which were the perfect finger foods). Dinner would follow, and then if we felt up to it, the lobby bar was a lot of fun (there was nightly entertainment in the same area). The food in all of the restaurants was great whether it was buffet or a la carte dinner, but if we had to choose one place you must go for dinner it would definitely be Ipanema – we were just blown away.All in all, we had the time of our lives and we can’t wait to come back! We will recommend Hard Rock Riviera Maya to everyone!
I stayed at the beautiful resort whilst traveling with a very large group of party-goers from all over the country - we were on the adult side. I was pleasantly surprised by the impeccable service! The Mayan coffees were to die for. There were multiple pools, and cove-like beach areas. The food food could be a bit better...I would return here.
From the moment we pulled up, we just knew this was our dream hotel. We had a tough start to our Vaca and once we got here, it's like all our troubles just melted away. We had been given a gorgeous room on the 1st floor, but I ideally wanted a room with a balcony where I could leave drapes open (which of course not ideal on 1st floor)...that is where Mariana Pineda, Rooms Controller and Maria Castellanas, Front Desk Agent come in. They bent over backwards to accommodate my request, which I felt so bad asking. Not only did they make me feel at ease asking my request, but they went above and beyond! They upgraded our room to a room with a view and a balcony on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean! Needless to say, I cried seeing this room and knowing there are still amazing people left in customer service. I promise we will be back as we both agreed, not only the hotel itself, but most importantly the staff/service, made our trip once in a lifetime! Thank you from the bottom of my heart♡♡♡
We have just spent 2 weeks on the heaven side of this hotel. We have had a lovely time but there are a few aspects that could be better. +comfortable room and bed. We were upgraded to a sky terrace room. +food. We never had a bad meal. We tried all of the restaurants. +staff. The staff are at least 5*. Brandon, Juan and Bryan were particularly great at the pool. +trips. Not the cheapest but very good. +spa. We did the couples stairway to heaven and I had an aromatherapy massage. Both very good with great facilities. We used the resort credits making it very cheap! +romantic dinner. We used our resort credits for this. It was very good. -noise from the corridor, you can hear everything from the corridors. We also had one night with very noisy neighbours. However this was dealt with quickly when I rang down. -large groups. At time in our first week (very busy) we felt pushed out of the pool by the huge groups. They were playing their own music on top of that being played and using their own microphone until at least 9pm. Not nice when you are trying to enjoy an outside meal. -the staff don't ask people to stick to the few rules if everyone stuck to them it would be a nicer day around the pool. -closure of restaurants, in our second week it was much quieter. Due to this each night 2 or 3 restaurants were closed and so was the ice cream place in hacienda. I understand why buts it isn't the paying guests fault that they are quiet. Over all we have had a great time but there are a few things that would make it better.
We only did one excursion as our second was cancelled due to the tropical storm that was approaching. We did go to Delphinus and swam with dolphins. It was great and well worth the money we spent beyond the resort credits. We did use resort credits for bali beds and to upgrade some dinners to lobster. This was a nice was to use the credits. The resort was as always near perfection. Check in was fast, greeted with a drink. We were given rooms straight across from each other. They were actually in a Heaven building but now considered Hacienda. We were told at check in that they have added another building to Hacienda. It was a bit of a walk to the family pool , but the exercise was nice as well. There was always a golf cart if you wanted a ride. One thing about the Heaven rooms that we did not like, there is not a door on the bathroom, also , the bathroom is open, on hacienda there is a door and also shutters, nothing in these rooms. It was a bit weird for all, but especially my kids. We had to switch rooms when anyone showered or got changed so they didn’t see each other. After dinner, we found a treat from the front desk, a plate of candies that said “welcome to the jungle” and also a bottle of champagne. What a nice treat! The entertainment has changed a bit, almost all the shows are now dinner and a show. It was good and bad, if you actually wanted to do dinner somewhere else, you just had to go early so that you could be done in time to catch the show. The shows themselves are great. We did have one day of bad weather, but the hotel did a great job of keeping all entertained so that you kinda forgot there was a tropical storm going on. I tried giving the girl my Hard Rocks Reward on check in and not sure she understood, so I will follow up with that with. Overall it was perfect! Thanks again. Big shout out to all the staff that always makes us feel like royalty. we will be back for a 4th year:)
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 3 Meals daily plus snacks
- Unlimited a la carte lunch and dinner (reservations required)
- All drinks (domestic beer and cocktails, select international brands, house wine with meals)
- 24hr room service
- Mini-bar restocked daily (water, soft drinks and beer)
- Top-shelf in-room liquor dispenser
- Kids Club and Teen Club
- Daily Activities
- Pool & beachside service
- Non-motorized water sports
- Evening entertainment
- Music Lab: DJ lessons, Jam band, Video making and Studio Time
- Unlimited phone calls to Canada (certain restrictions apply)
- Free Wi-Fi in-room & resort wide
Sunwing's Smile At Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Inclusions
- 2 kids free when sharing room with 2 full paying adults (ages 4-12yrs all year round)
- No single supplement (single pays the same price as the double rate) with up to 2 free kids ages 2-12yrs
- Child rate for kids 13-17yrs
- Family friendly check-in counter
- Priority luggage delivery at arrival
- Exclusive area at Ventanas restaurant for breakfast fun Sunwing guests (from 7am to 11am) restaurant is not exclusive for Sunwing
- Exclusive area at Ventanas restaurant for lunch for Sunwing guests (from 11am to 4pm); restaurant is not exclusive for Sunwing
- Nightly turn down service
- Fruit basket upon arrival
- Hard Rock surprise gift (special petite fours)
- Beach bucket and toys for children
- Amenities for the rooms: slippers, bathrobes, kids special room service menu, kids bath products, mini refrigerator with juices, bottles of water, yogurt, chocolate milk
- Xbox 360/DVD player with selection of Xbox games upon request
- Special Little Big Kids Club program
- Smile program is exclusively to Sunwing except for free kids
**SMILE program only applies to families travelling with children. It will be honoured to reservations travelling as part of a wedding and social group, however children must be part of the reservation.
Celebrity Collection Inclusions
- Welcome cocktail, cold towel service upon arrival
- Private check in for Sunwing guests
- Preferential room location (subject to category and availability)
- Dedicated concierge desk or telephone service
- Late check-out subject to availability
- Nightly turndown service
- 2 beach towels in room upon arrival
- Use of bathrobes and slippers during stay
- Free safety deposit box
- Mini bar in room stocked daily
- Premium bath amenities.
- Liquor dispenser in room featuring (rum, vodka, whiskey and Tequila)
- Coffee tea maker in room restocked daily
- Unlimited a la carte dining (reservations not required)
- Complimentary admission to Hydrotherapy at the spa
- Complimentary wireless high speed internet connection in rooms, meeting rooms and public areas
- Unlimited long distance phone calls from the room to Canada & Continental US.
- $1,800 resort credit per room, per stay (some restrictions apply, subject to change, as per terms and conditions of the promotion).
- Stay and play at all All Inclusive Collection resorts in Cancun / Riviera Maya (Hard Rock Hotel Cancun and Hard Rock Riviera Maya which has an adults section and family section) Transportation is not included. (Subject to hotel occupancy)
- 24 hour room service
- Double Jacuzzi and balcony
For bookings and travel up to Dec 23/16
Rock Royalty Level Amenities
Upon arrival you will be provided the phone number of a Rock Royalty Personal Assistant on-call to serve you. Whether it's champagne service by the beach or standing reservations at a romantic hotspot, upgrade your room to the Rock Royalty Level and let us orchestrate your stay.
- Rock Royalty personal assistant (07:00 - 23:00)
- Ironing service (2 items per person/per stay)
- Upgraded full-size Rock Spa® bath products
- Express luggage delivery
- Complimentary shoe shine
- Nightly petit fours
- Aromatherapy and pillow menu
- Spa tub preparation (with 24-hours notice)
- Personal assistance with reservations (on and off property)
- Priority reservations to picks® and mix® program
- Complimentary 25-minute Couple's Massage at the Rock Spa
- Access to Rock Royalty Area (varies by property)
- VIP check-in and check-out
- Late check-out until 3pm (available upon request)
- Bonus Track (personal assistant will help review account and assist in express check-out)
- Priority booking for bali beds ($)
- Sleeping mask
- Loofah sponge
- 24-hour room service - select a la carte menu
The above inclusions are applicable for the following room categories:
- Rock Royalty Level Deluxe Platinum King
- Rock Royalty Level Deluxe Platinum Deluxe
- 1,264 rooms in 3-storey buildings
- 6 Restaurants
- Snack bar
- Lobby bar serving snacks & pastries
- 4 bars & Billiard room
- 5 outdoor pools, 2 indoor pools
- 7 Jacuzzis
- Lounge chair & towel service
- 4 lit tennis courts
- Volleyball court
- Gift shops
- WiFi (in designated areas)
- Luxury Spa with 103 treatment rooms including: saunas, whirlpools, aromatherapy, skin care, hydrotherapy, hand & foot treatments and body care (fee)
- Extensive Fitness facilities including: 2 full indoor gyms, dive tank, cross-current pool, lap pool, indoor sound pool, climbing tower, obstacle course, spinning room, yoga hut, aerobics classes, Zen walking Labyrinth, meditation pond (fee)
- Beauty salon (fee)
- Laundry service (fee)
- Conference facilities (fee)
- Golf nearby (fee)
Deluxe Rooms include:
- 1 King or 2 Double Beds
- Alarm Clock
- Iron & Ironing board
- Coffee Maker
- Private Balcony
- Rock Spa Bath Amenities
- Flat Screen Satellite TV
- 24 hour room service
- Complimentary WIFI access
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Digital Safe ( laptop size)
- Hot tub
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Personal liquor dispenser
- Mini bar with soda, bottled water, juices, domestic beer and an in-room bottle of wine
- Maximum Occupancy 4, Maximum 2 Children
- Buffet for breakfast and dinner
- Theme buffet for dinner
- a la carte
- a la carte
- a la carte
- Asian cuisine
- Continental breakfast, snacks, coffee and tea
Toro (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- a la carte for dinner
Ciao (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- a la carte for dinner
Le Petit Cochon (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- a la carte for dinner
Los Gallos (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- Snack Bar
Dive (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- Snack Bar
- Sun Lobby bar
- Float Pool bar
- The Cavern
- Dive (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- Martini Bar (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- Rhythm Bar (Heaven Section Adults Only)
- Club Heaven (Heaven Section Adults Only)
The Little Big Club - Grab your all access pass and head over to the Little Big Club. Come sing, dance, dress up, build, and learn where kids can enjoy an array of ongoing activties in the Thomas & Friends Activity Depot, Barney's Music Room, Bob the Builder Construction Zone, and the Angelina Ballerina Dance Studio. Each room is packed with games, crafts, and activities to ensure every little rocker will have a ball.
- Children 3 years of age and younger sharing rooms with one paying adults: Free of charge
- Child rate applies to children ages 4 through 17. Children's rate only applies if child (4-17 years) shares the room with 2 or more paying adults. Ages reported for children must be accurate at time of travel. Proof of age will be required upon check-in. In the event that the ages of children are incorrect at time of travel and adult rate is required, the difference in rate will be charged upon check-in.
- Rock Spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Steam rooms
- Hydrotherapy current pools
- Yoga Temple
- Posh Beauty Salon
- Body Rock Fitness Center
- Rhythm & Motion - immersive music-centric spa menu
- Massage and Reflexology
- Body scrubs
- Body wraps
Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya - Located in the ideal area of Quintana Roo, the Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya features stunning natural beauty surrounded by exotic wildlife and ancient Mayan ruins and it was designed by Robert von Hagge as one of the first courses of the modern era. Awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence thanks to 18 flawless holes and 7,136 yards of challenging play.
Golf Special - Choose Unlimited Golf instead of $1800 Resort Credit. Offer valid when booking a minimum of 5 nights through Dec 23/16. Please inquire for more details.
Honeymoon Bonus - Receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, Mini honeymoon cake, Honeymoon dinner (at selected restaurants), Guaranteed turndown service and breakfast in bed (upon request), Hydro spa tub experience (upon request).
**Please request at the time of booking. Honeymoon couple must present proof of marriage within the past year.
Anniversary Bonus - Couples celebrating their anniversary during their stay will receive a complimentary mini cake. Couples celebrating their Silver & Gold anniversary during their stay will receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, mini cake, honeymoon dinner (at selected restaurants) and late check out until 6:00pm (upon request and subject to availability).
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
$1800 Limitless Resort Credit or Unlimited Golf Promotion
Valid for booking until Dec. 23/16
Valid for travel: Dec. 16/15 - Dec.23/16
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Resort credit amounts vary depending on duration of stay and room category booked.
3 nights: $500 per room per stay
4 nights: $750 per room per stay
5-6 nights: $1,500 per room per stay
7-8 nights: $1,800 per room per stay
9-11 nights: $2,000 per room per stay
12-13 nights: $2,500 per room per stay
14 nights or more: $3,600 per room per stay
Rock Suite Platinum
3 nights: $1,000 per room per stay
4 nights: $1,500 per room per stay
5-6 nights: $3,000 per room per stay
7-8 nights: $3,600 per room per stay
9-11 nights: $4,000 per room per stay
12-13 nights: $5,000 per room per stay
14 nights or more: $7,200 per room per stay
Terms & Conditions: Limitless Resort Credit can be used towards golf, spa and beauty salon services, romantic and special dinner events, upgraded wine selection at restaurants, photo packages at Rock Shots®, selected take away products, The Colin Cowie Weddings Collection, and upscale experiences at ORO Night Club.
Service Fee: A 20% service fee will apply over the final price of all transactions using the Limitless Resort Credit promotion on all services or products. Service fee can only be paid with cash, room charge and credit card. Service fee cannot be paid with the remaining Limitless Resort Credit promotion balance.
Resort Location Map
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera MayaRiviera Maya,Mexico
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Km 72, Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Solidaridad, Puerto Aventuras 77710 Mexico
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.