Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
This is the perfect place for those who want to stay at a large luxury resort, and yet want to experience privacy. The sheer size of the resort makes it seem like you're the only ones in the area. It's a bit of a walk to the beach. However, you are greeted by some spectacular views and a well-maintained area. The food choices vary and are excellent in quality and service. This is also one of the very few resorts that offer top-shelf liquor in their bars. This portion of the Paradisus resort is perfect for families and children.
We booked this trip for 4 nights. After reading many reviews and comparing prices and airfare from DFW this was our choice. I was nervous about booking based on internet reviews only, but they proved to be fair and accurate. We booked through TripAdvisor so could not choose if we were in La Esmeralda or La Perla, but that was not a concern. Our room was on the La Esmeralda side but it was very quiet and we simply walked over to the adult side to go to the beach and the pool. Meals: We ate the buffet for dinner the night we arrived, as we did not make reservations in advance. I'm not sure if you have to do this, but we did make reservations for the two other nights we planned to eat dinner in a restaurant. The buffet was Mexican food that night and overall was pretty good. We had dinner in the hibachi restaurant and it was good, although not as flashy in terms of entertainment experience as we expected. Also, we thought it was adults only but we ate with a family. We didn't mind (we have kids of our own, they were at home) but some people really might not want to be with kids. We ate at La Palapa the third night and it was delicious. Excellent food, great atmosphere, no kids. Breakfast we usually had the buffet and it was fine, but not great. Our room service breakfast was better. But cooking for large crowds is not easy and the food was still satisfactory. Lunches were either in the Market Grill or by the pool. The poolside nachos were exactly what I wanted. Not fancy, perfect food for snacking. Pool: We stuck to the adult pool. It is fairly large and there are plenty of chairs. I imagine at busier times of the season you would need to get to the pool early to get a good spot, but we always showed up in the afternoon and had no problems. The pool bar closed early though, we weren't expecting that. Service was great though and there was often some kind of musical entertainment at least part of the day.Beach: We went to the beach every morning. If we got there by 10:00 we could get chairs and a table with a good view and shade for those wanted it. Beach drink service was excellent. We aren't big swimmers, but there are definitely rough spots in the sand where the reef is coming up and it is uncomfortable to walk far out. The water was typically calm enough for swimming though. We did not do any of the water activities, but there appeared to be plenty to choose from.
Truly outstanding experience. Was not expecting this. First real all-inclusive and the food was outstanding.The service was impeccable as well. Leonardo, our concierge/Butler went above and beyond to make the stay unforgettable.
The hotel is beautiful. The rooms and how you cater to families and especially children with the in room services and offering a children's menu in every restaurant is top notch. I do think some butlers are much more engaging and ours was very nice but it seems some families had a lot more amenities from their butlers than my family and I did. But we loved our stay and would like to come back next February.
We stayed at Paradisus Playa del Carmen eary this February. we paid for the concierge upgrade and it was worth every single penny. To have someone roganise all your reservations, and book your trips, deal with the return bus info etc. was great. Our concierge person was Briz (Brizedia) was exceptional and would recomemend asking for her if possible. She left mini cupcakes for them every day in the room along with little stories and baloon animals or colouring books. We spend everyday in the heated pool which was amazing. Our kids spent so much time in the pool they learned to swim in the 7 days we were there. YAY. Jeronimo, a waiter who works by the pool would always take the best care of us too, making sure we always had water, and if the kids wanted anything. The beach was nice and clean, but the water wasn't great. However in all of the 5 different locations we stayed at throughout the last few years I have never found a beach in Mexico I liked. That being said my husband had the best time on the seadoo. I highly recomend this place for families.
We were faced with severe added expenses when we arrived even though I confirmed our reservation online. The front office staff were rude and not accommodating. I was promised ocean front on the phone which didn't happen. The only positive was the friendliness of the wait staff. Please choose a different hotel if you are looking for an all inclusive.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Unlimited a la carte dinners
- Unlimited domestic, selected international and premium brand drinks (house wine included)
- 24 hr room service
- In-room mini-bar
- Tennis (daytime)
- Beach volleyball
- Daytime activities such as Pilates, body balance, meditation, spinning, beach volleyball, aqua fitness, merengue, snorkeling, step aerobics, stretching, and more
- Life-enriching classes such as candle-making, cocktail workshop, painting workshop, wine tasting, sushi making, cigar workshop, and more
- Nightly entertainment
- Theme parties
- 512 Suites
- 11 Restaurants
- 10 Bars
- 2 lagoon-style pools
- 1 Family Concierge pool
- 1 Activities pool
- Swim-up bar
- Lighted tennis court
- Wedding Gazebo
- Marina water sports (additional charge)
- YHI Spa and Health Club (additional charge)
- Fitness room
- 24-hour Room service
- Beauty salon
- Shops on site
- Business center
- Meeting rooms/Conference facility
- Medical services
- Laundry service
- Indoor games room
- Golf course nearby
- 42" Flat Screen TV with cable
- CD/DVD Player
- Living area with sofa
- Private terrace with tanning area
- Modern bathroom with sensory tub and rain shower
- Daily stocked mini bar
- Marble floors
- Coffee maker
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Iron and ironing board
- 24-hour room service
- Wi-Fi internet access
- A private air-conditioned Family Concierge lounge for private check-in/out and complimentary Internet access
- All-day assistance of a Family Concierge, and a complimentary walkie-talkie or cell phone for instant communication
- Paradisus Kids Beach Kit check-in gift
- Kids and Teens activity menu
- Exclusive family activities and excursions such as swimming, classes, painting, and more
- Kid-sized bathrobe and mini-slippers in the closet
- Kid's bathroom amenities such as mini kit with soaps, toothbrush, shower gel, mosquito repellant, and towel
- In-room activities menu
- Kid's drinks in the minibar
- PlayStation on request
- Kid's pillows
- Nightly turndown with milk and cookies
- Bathrobes and slippers for the parents
- Pillow menu for the parents
- Luxury bathroom amenities for the parents
- Access to the exclusive Family Concierge restaurant for a la carte dining
- Hydromassage on the terrace
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La EsmeraldaRiviera Maya,Mexico
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
5a Avenida Esquina Calle 112, Playa del Carmen 77719 Mexico
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.