Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
This is the perfect place for those who want to stay at a large luxury resort, and yet want to experience privacy. The sheer size of the resort makes it seem like you're the only ones in the area. It's a bit of a walk to the beach. However, you are greeted by some spectacular views and a well-maintained area. The food choices vary and are excellent in quality and service. This is also one of the very few resorts that offer top-shelf liquor in their bars. This portion of the Paradisus resort is perfect for families and children.
During our stay someone in our party with an existing heart condition had chest pain and was very tired and out of breath. I asked the front desk to send someone to check his vital signs and they sent one of the property's lifeguards, Luis. Luis was extremely knowledgeable, checked vitals, provided oxygen. He was very calming and relieved the person's severe anxiety. The pool server near Sunrise Cafe, Analese, was exception, and a waiter at one of the restaurants, Ivan (I believe he may have been at Mole Restaurant) was awesome.One criticism I have is that we were not afforded a tour of the property while I saw other guests were. The property is very large and that would have been helpful. We only received a call from "our concierge" who told us to call her if we had any questions (but we weren't given information as to how to reach her). Despite that, everyone there was very helpful and we were able to navigate the property.
The facility was very nice. As a solo traveler it really isolated you as far as you had to make dinner reservations in advance. So even if you did meet someone you wanted to hangout with you could not at dinner because of the reservation policy. This was my biggest complaint eating every supper alone.
We loved the Paradisus! Service was amazing - especially our butler, Selene! Rooms were large and very comfortable. Food was fine - breakfast the best. Location is only 45 minutes form the airport so very convenient. Loved the beach! We will definitely be back!
Paradisus is an amazing vacation spot for families. We stayed in the Family Concierge side, which was totally worth the extra money. We had a butler (sort of--think of it as a activities director/helpful assistant)--Eduardo. He was awesome! He did something special for my daughters every day--special cookies, a treasure hunt, a giant bubble bath, balloons, etc. My daughters are 11 and 12, so they are at an awkward age for some of the kids club things (too old really for the day care and too young for the teen activities), but it didn't bother us at all because we went on vacation to be with them. The food was beautiful and delicious. We told our picky kids to try everything and if they didn't like it we would order room service. We never had to order--they liked something everywhere we went! We mostly stayed in the family concierge pool, where there were constant servers and a swim up bar. Everyone was so attentive. I played bingo lounging in the pool drinking a cocktail with my favorite activities gal, Lil. I mean, it doesn't get much better than that. Helpful tips--buy a cheap float and pack it flat in your bag so you don't have to pay $20 for one there. Take an insulated cup and have them fill it instead of the tiny cups at the pool. Take bug bite cream and swimmer's ear.
Great resort to stay at with family. The family concierge service was wonderful. They were very attentive and pleasant and always willing to help and please. Great choice of restaurants for adults and kids both. Lots of activities and nice well kept grounds. Would definitely return with a larger group.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Unlimited a la carte dinners
- Unlimited domestic, selected international and premium brand drinks (house wine included)
- 24 hr room service
- In-room mini-bar
- Tennis (daytime)
- Beach volleyball
- Daytime activities such as Pilates, body balance, meditation, spinning, beach volleyball, aqua fitness, merengue, snorkeling, step aerobics, stretching, and more
- Life-enriching classes such as candle-making, cocktail workshop, painting workshop, wine tasting, sushi making, cigar workshop, and more
- Nightly entertainment
- Theme parties
- 512 Suites
- 11 Restaurants
- 10 Bars
- 2 lagoon-style pools
- 1 Family Concierge pool
- 1 Activities pool
- Swim-up bar
- Lighted tennis court
- Wedding Gazebo
- Marina water sports (additional charge)
- YHI Spa and Health Club (additional charge)
- Fitness room
- 24-hour Room service
- Beauty salon
- Shops on site
- Business center
- Meeting rooms/Conference facility
- Medical services
- Laundry service
- Indoor games room
- Golf course nearby
- 42" Flat Screen TV with cable
- CD/DVD Player
- Living area with sofa
- Private terrace with tanning area
- Modern bathroom with sensory tub and rain shower
- Daily stocked mini bar
- Marble floors
- Coffee maker
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Iron and ironing board
- 24-hour room service
- Wi-Fi internet access
- A private air-conditioned Family Concierge lounge for private check-in/out and complimentary Internet access
- All-day assistance of a Family Concierge, and a complimentary walkie-talkie or cell phone for instant communication
- Paradisus Kids Beach Kit check-in gift
- Kids and Teens activity menu
- Exclusive family activities and excursions such as swimming, classes, painting, and more
- Kid-sized bathrobe and mini-slippers in the closet
- Kid's bathroom amenities such as mini kit with soaps, toothbrush, shower gel, mosquito repellant, and towel
- In-room activities menu
- Kid's drinks in the minibar
- PlayStation on request
- Kid's pillows
- Nightly turndown with milk and cookies
- Bathrobes and slippers for the parents
- Pillow menu for the parents
- Luxury bathroom amenities for the parents
- Access to the exclusive Family Concierge restaurant for a la carte dining
- Hydromassage on the terrace
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La EsmeraldaRiviera Maya,Mexico
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
5a Avenida Esquina Calle 112, Playa del Carmen 77719 Mexico
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.