Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
This is the perfect place for those who want to stay at a large luxury resort, and yet want to experience privacy. The sheer size of the resort makes it seem like you're the only ones in the area. It's a bit of a walk to the beach. However, you are greeted by some spectacular views and a well-maintained area. The food choices vary and are excellent in quality and service. This is also one of the very few resorts that offer top-shelf liquor in their bars. This portion of the Paradisus resort is perfect for families and children.
I am in the midst of a weeks stay here. Awesome place , great rooms, service generally excellent and tons of pools. I cannot give this place 5 star for several reasons. The buffet was excellent but the sushi was marginal at best. Also we had a set meal plan for a private party and when i requested to order additional sushi off the menu, I was refused despite the fact that it is all inclusive and all you can eat. I privately approached a staff member and complained. I told him i wanted this complaint to be private. Nonetheless, he then made a scene back at my table in front of our party before giving in and allowing me to get the sushi I wanted.Also the Brazilian steakhouse was marginal also. This place calls itself 5 star but when we left our towel cards at our room they would not make an accomodation and made us walk back to our room to get the card. Any hotel that disregards its guests this way cannot be five stars.Also we were refused dinner at several restaurants because we did not have a reservation and despite fact there were many empty tables.
Our trip to La Esmerelda was wonderful. We traveled with 5 kids, ages 5 months to 5 years, 2 sets of parents and 1 set of grandparents. We all had a terrific time. The kids loved the pirate ship in the pool and the fun activities, like balloon swords and bubble pool. The beach was great, especially the cabanas. Family Concierge is the way to go if you are traveling with kids and multiple families. The separate pool, restaurant and beach area plus all the extra kid-friendly amenities are worth it.
Overall great place to stay. Food was excellent, bar service unbeatable and kids loved the swimming areas. TV service was lacking but we weren't trying to watch a show very much. We will be booking soon for next year, and years to come.
My husband and I went to this hotel but we're put on the family side (Esmeralda). I found it all to be just average. Resort overall: obnoxiously large but well maintained. There's no way of getting from your room to a restaurant without a minimum of a .25 mile walk one way. Those with kids, beware and bring strollers and be prepared to be walking past the pool the entire time with your kids fighting you that they'd rather be in the pool (I saw a lot of this). We were there during the holiday season, and it was tastefully decorated This is NOT a smoke-free resort or one with designated smoking areas. Plenty of people smoking in outdoor common areas near children :( The staff: the dining staff were hit or miss. The adult pool bartenders worked their butts off! If you needed directions around the insanely confusing resort, the only people that were around to help were trying to sell you a time share. THAT WAS OBNOXIOUS and you might be better off meandering through for the extra 5 mins than listening to them tell you about all of their specials for giving them 90 mins of your vaca. Food: Average with a surprise or two at the sit down restaurants that require a reservation. Everything else is buffet style (and not clearly marked). Room service selection is really limited. Except for a pool bar, all food shuts down between 11a-12p. Also quite frustrating. Alcohol: Very limited selection and we felt they were constantly trying to push costly wines on us at dinner. Drinks were weak even I asked for them to be strong, so I just learned and asked for the number of shots I wanted on the side and became my own bartender. Thoughts on kids: While it was just my husband and I, I have been looking for somewhere to take the whole family. This WON'T be it. There was a lot of space in the pools, but just one 'feature', a pirate ship, geared towards ages 3-4. There's also several indoor kids areas, but I'm not able to speak to those.
Beautiful place, stayed there for 7 nights for a wedding. Very big, fun, everyone was super nice. Food is great, drinks were good, beach and water were good.As other people said, restaurant reservation is little annoying but nothing serious.Best 7 days ever in any hotel.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Unlimited a la carte dinners
- Unlimited domestic, selected international and premium brand drinks (house wine included)
- 24 hr room service
- In-room mini-bar
- Tennis (daytime)
- Beach volleyball
- Daytime activities such as Pilates, body balance, meditation, spinning, beach volleyball, aqua fitness, merengue, snorkeling, step aerobics, stretching, and more
- Life-enriching classes such as candle-making, cocktail workshop, painting workshop, wine tasting, sushi making, cigar workshop, and more
- Nightly entertainment
- Theme parties
- 512 Suites
- 11 Restaurants
- 10 Bars
- 2 lagoon-style pools
- 1 Family Concierge pool
- 1 Activities pool
- Swim-up bar
- Lighted tennis court
- Wedding Gazebo
- Marina water sports (additional charge)
- YHI Spa and Health Club (additional charge)
- Fitness room
- 24-hour Room service
- Beauty salon
- Shops on site
- Business center
- Meeting rooms/Conference facility
- Medical services
- Laundry service
- Indoor games room
- Golf course nearby
- 42" Flat Screen TV with cable
- CD/DVD Player
- Living area with sofa
- Private terrace with tanning area
- Modern bathroom with sensory tub and rain shower
- Daily stocked mini bar
- Marble floors
- Coffee maker
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Iron and ironing board
- 24-hour room service
- Wi-Fi internet access
- A private air-conditioned Family Concierge lounge for private check-in/out and complimentary Internet access
- All-day assistance of a Family Concierge, and a complimentary walkie-talkie or cell phone for instant communication
- Paradisus Kids Beach Kit check-in gift
- Kids and Teens activity menu
- Exclusive family activities and excursions such as swimming, classes, painting, and more
- Kid-sized bathrobe and mini-slippers in the closet
- Kid's bathroom amenities such as mini kit with soaps, toothbrush, shower gel, mosquito repellant, and towel
- In-room activities menu
- Kid's drinks in the minibar
- PlayStation on request
- Kid's pillows
- Nightly turndown with milk and cookies
- Bathrobes and slippers for the parents
- Pillow menu for the parents
- Luxury bathroom amenities for the parents
- Access to the exclusive Family Concierge restaurant for a la carte dining
- Hydromassage on the terrace
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La EsmeraldaRiviera Maya,Mexico
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
5a Avenida Esquina Calle 112, Playa del Carmen 77719 Mexico
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.