Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda
- What's Included
- All Inclusive Features
This is the perfect place for those who want to stay at a large luxury resort, and yet want to experience privacy. The sheer size of the resort makes it seem like you're the only ones in the area. It's a bit of a walk to the beach. However, you are greeted by some spectacular views and a well-maintained area. The food choices vary and are excellent in quality and service. This is also one of the very few resorts that offer top-shelf liquor in their bars. This portion of the Paradisus resort is perfect for families and children.
From the moment you stepped through the door, all of the staff did everything in their power to make you feel as comfortable and welcome as possible. They explain everything the resort has to offer very clearly. The food was amazing. There were multiple options of restaurants and each was different and delicious. The beach of course was wonderful.
Chose this resort as we have had such amazing times at other Melia AI. Hotel was fine, clean and well maintained. Not much for the " tweens" and young teens. Beach was a little disappointing, quite small, no music or real organized activities.would have enjoyed boogie boards or snorkel gear. Adjacent to a local beach - very obvious signs of poverty. Certainly didn't feel as safe as in other places. Evening shows were entertaining. Shopping was close and vendors were pleasant and not pushy.Food was ok, but limited choices for breakfast. Overall a nice place but for top dollar could have offered more. Will likely return to punta Cana for next vaca.
The rooms were very clean, bed was amazing (slept very well every night). Grounds were maintained very well (no bugs or mosquitos). The restaurants were very good. Especially liked The Market (meat was amazing), Mole and Naos was a very good buffet (we are not buffet people). They also accommodated us with our gluten free diet. Anallely was a great server in the pool area. She was always prompt and very caring. Enrique, part of the team to invite you to a 90 minute presentation, never did what he said he would do for us. He never got our child in the kids club for the presentation, never setup the golf for my husband or gave us information for a specific tour we wanted to take. Lastly, we were disappointed with the beach it was not as a calm as we thought it would be or as turquoise as photographed.
I recently stayed at the La Esmeralda with my family, the trip was unbelievable. The resort really does offer anything you would want. The food was amazing, so many types of restaurants to chose from. The most wonderful part of this place is it's people! Jeaneen our family concierge was simply awesome. She provided us with personal service and truly made my family feel special, I could never go on about her enough. She has a very genuine and calming personality and we felt totally at ease with her. I would also like to mention Israel, the family pool concierge. He went out of his way numerous times to help my family. One instance, my wife had misplaced our camera and he took notice and immediately helped us locate it and notified other staff. Another wonderful employee is Jeronimo, who works as wait staff by the pool for Olio. He went above and beyond to make my family relaxed at the pool, always trying to be as accommodating as possible. Lastly I want to mention Selina, who works in the lobby of the family lounge. She probably does not get much mention, but should! She is constantly going back and forth to stock the snacks and drinks in the lobby. However she will stop and greet you with a smile, a wonderful personality. No matter how busy she is, she will stop to offer you a cup of coffee. She makes the best cappuccino in the place.
The beds are very comfortable. Rooms well kept. Grounds are well maintained also. Disappointed that one child pooed in the pool one day and another child threw up in the pool another day. The resort closed down the pool for the first incident and left the pool opened for the second incident. The pool water was not drained in either incident (disgusting)! No one really policing the cabanas being reserved by those that were not there for most of afternoon. Food was exceptional!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Unlimited a la carte dinners
- Unlimited domestic, selected international and premium brand drinks (house wine included)
- 24 hr room service
- In-room mini-bar
- Tennis (daytime)
- Beach volleyball
- Daytime activities such as Pilates, body balance, meditation, spinning, beach volleyball, aqua fitness, merengue, snorkeling, step aerobics, stretching, and more
- Life-enriching classes such as candle-making, cocktail workshop, painting workshop, wine tasting, sushi making, cigar workshop, and more
- Nightly entertainment
- Theme parties
- 512 Suites
- 11 Restaurants
- 10 Bars
- 2 lagoon-style pools
- 1 Family Concierge pool
- 1 Activities pool
- Swim-up bar
- Lighted tennis court
- Wedding Gazebo
- Marina water sports (additional charge)
- YHI Spa and Health Club (additional charge)
- Fitness room
- 24-hour Room service
- Beauty salon
- Shops on site
- Business center
- Meeting rooms/Conference facility
- Medical services
- Laundry service
- Indoor games room
- Golf course nearby
- 42" Flat Screen TV with cable
- CD/DVD Player
- Living area with sofa
- Private terrace with tanning area
- Modern bathroom with sensory tub and rain shower
- Daily stocked mini bar
- Marble floors
- Coffee maker
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Iron and ironing board
- 24-hour room service
- Wi-Fi internet access
- A private air-conditioned Family Concierge lounge for private check-in/out and complimentary Internet access
- All-day assistance of a Family Concierge, and a complimentary walkie-talkie or cell phone for instant communication
- Paradisus Kids Beach Kit check-in gift
- Kids and Teens activity menu
- Exclusive family activities and excursions such as swimming, classes, painting, and more
- Kid-sized bathrobe and mini-slippers in the closet
- Kid's bathroom amenities such as mini kit with soaps, toothbrush, shower gel, mosquito repellant, and towel
- In-room activities menu
- Kid's drinks in the minibar
- PlayStation on request
- Kid's pillows
- Nightly turndown with milk and cookies
- Bathrobes and slippers for the parents
- Pillow menu for the parents
- Luxury bathroom amenities for the parents
- Access to the exclusive Family Concierge restaurant for a la carte dining
- Hydromassage on the terrace
Early Booking Bonus - This hotel may offer early booking bonuses at certain times of the year. If early booking bonuses apply to your vacation, prices shown online have already been adjusted accordingly. Please inquire for complete details.
Resort Location Map
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La EsmeraldaRiviera Maya,Mexico
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
5a Avenida Esquina Calle 112, Playa del Carmen 77719 Mexico
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.