Tryp Playa Coronado Panama
- What's Included
1. When we checked in to the hotel, we were coming from the airport. We were tired and a bit crabby. The cost to be picked up was 35$ US. When we arrived at the hotel, we noted that the cost to return to the airport, is 30$ US. This is annoying. 2. While the hotel offers 'taxi' service to its guests, it is not telling you the whole story. The 'taxi' they use, is a private driver from the hotel. And, it will cost you at a minimum, twice the cost of a local REAL TAXI to go anywhere. The front desk agent should have told us this. But, instead our tour guide did somewhere in the middle of our stay. 3. Speaking of tours...when we arrived, we asked the front desk about city tour options. The only one that they had to give us was the "Hop on Hop off" tour. That, and a diving tour. We wanted a guide. So, the HOP ON isn't really the style we want. It seems to me, that the front desk agents should have better information and more options at the disposal. I worked in hotels for many years and for the Tourism industry in California. I suggest that the front desk agents do some research and create a file folder / three ring binder, with information to help guests plan their stay in Panama City. This can include museums, tours and restaurants and transportation. 4. Speaking of restaurants...we asked the front desk about dining options and all they did was say, walk down to the left...there are LOTS of options. Well, the ones in this area aren't that good. And, we wanted to try the local foods and nobody could help us out. The front desk should put together a Restaurant guide. Maybe budget for the agents to try some of the restaurants out and report back? I bet the restaurants would be happy to provide a discount if they know why you are sending people to try them out? If this isn't possible, there is ALWAYS Trip Adviser and other travel sites online to help. 5. The room is comfortable and clean. The bathroom is good too. And, the shower water pressure is amazing; the water is warm too! 6. The staff are incredibly friendly. 7.. Breakfast is not great. You can request that they make you an omelette. Which we do. But, the side options aren't that interesting. The cheeses are boring. Why not some local 'queso fresco?' so that we can try local foods. Or, some patacones? Also, please teach the kitchen staff to cook the meats. The bacon is not crispy and sausages were not browned. The potato hash brown was okay. The fruit is nice. The yogurt is good too. But, its nothing local? Perhaps some arepas? Just an idea:) The staff are terrific at breakfast, though. They are kind and helpful. 8. The pool is nice. Though the jacuzzi is cold:( The steam room and sauna look nice and the athletic room is fine too. I feel safe walking around here at night. But, I wish I knew more about where to go and what to do. The Front Desk agents can organize some things to help them help their guests, enjoy Panama City more.
The room itself was very nice. The hotel and decor was top notch. I found the service to be not as welcoming as I'm used to, but was certainly still polite. I did not find the breakfast to be very good, but overall we still enjoyed our stay.
The main reason I choose the Tryp hotel was the Jacuzzi on the roof. A place of solitude that I could soak my aching bones after a day of site seeing or golfing. It seemed wonderful to be on the rooftop with views in hot water even with rain falling on me. I dreamed of that for 4 & 1/2 months since I booked this trip!When I was checking in it was closed for the night. The next day it was being fixed. Sunday night, my 3rd night the front desk was working on the problem and the manager was going to get back to me. Monday the front desk staff fessed up that the Jacuzzi doesn't get hot and will never be hot!! And the manager isn't available due to the holiday. The hotel is nice overall. I've been enjoying my room, the free parking and WIFI too. But this issue should have been made clear immediately. I'm in room 609 for 2 more nights if anyone cares to contact me with a remedy. I would like to leave a better more updated review when the problem has been addressed and resolved.
In October 2016 I stayed in Panama City, at the Tryp by Wyndam Panama Centro. When I got in the cab I informed the driver that I needed to go to the Tryp Wyndham - he said okay well he took me to a Tryp but it was not the one I had booked. They told him where to go to deliver me to that location and when we got out of the car they said no and that we were at the wrong hotel on third try we finally got to the correct hotel. So, make sure you're at the correct location before you let the cab go. The hotel was very nice, comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. The area was not exactly what I was expecting but it turned out to be just fine. For those who like to gamble a casino is within a block away. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
Before sttling in panama I did many trips here and was looking for cheap and good hotels. After trying many of them I just stayed at The Tryp, It's a great little place.My big problem with panama is that you often pay a price but don't get for your money. the Tryp is the opposite I always felt that I get great deal for the price I pay.Many advantages here. First location is great, in the center, everything is close.Second nice service staff is lively and smily, you don't get ripped never had a bad surprise on the bill (unlike better ranked hotels)Rooms are very correct, much better than what you could expect elsewhere for the price you are paying. Overall decoration of the lobby and common areas are fun and original. And you have a nice swimming pool on the roof with a bar, it was just fun to hang out there have a few cocktails by the end of the day.I did not try the reastaurant, but breakfast are nice.I went to this hotel four times before I established in Panama and was never disapointed. It's been two years since I haven't been there so some more recent advise you should look for. i recommend this hotel, affordable and you really get much more than what you can expect for that price.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 3 restaurants
- 2 bars
- Outdoor pool
- conference room
- valet parking service
- 24 hours front desk
- free wifi
- concierge service
- 1 Double or 2 Twins
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room
- Free Wi-Fi
- 32" LCD HD TV
- Iron & Ironing board
- Mini Fridge
- 110 Volt
- Air Conditioned
- Hair Dryer
- Safety Deposit Box
- Maximum Occupancy 2
Resort Location Map
Tryp Playa Coronado PanamaPanama,Panama
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Via Veneto El Cangrejo BellaVista, Panama City 00000 Panama
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.