Continental Plaza Hotel Kissimmee
- What's Included
OverviewContinental Plaza Hotel is located within walking distance to numerous restaurants and shopping facilities, and 3 km from Walt Disney World Resort. Approximately 39 km from the Orlando airport.
For the most part, we found that the staff we dealt with at the Choice Hotels branded properties in Florida were helpful AND friendly, but the service we received at this location was an exception to the rule: the staff here weren't rude per-se, just indifferent. On the four occasions we interacted with the staff it always seemed like we were imposing on them. The other negative mark on this location was the dirty bathroom floor. Although I appreciate that this is a big hotel and the cleaning staff have to keep a tight schedule, and while I am not bothered by a few dust bunnies, I do have a real dislike for finding hairs from previous guest’s private parts on the bathroom floor. Maybe it is petty, maybe it is only a minor issue, yet it is something I don’t want to deal with when using the washroom. On the positive side of the equation, the rooms were spacious and modern and if you leave Disney World before the fireworks, you can see them from here if you’re on the top floor (at least most of them) because this hotel is located very close to the theme park. Of course this also means that if you aren’t going to Disney and if you prefer to avoid a lot of traffic congestion (while I don’t know if this is always the case, on more than 1 occasion the I- 4 and 192 interchange was really congested and it took about 20 minutes to go 1 mile), this location isn’t ideal. There are numerous Choice Hotel locations on the East side of I-4 that we found to be superb and that is where we will stay the next time we visit the area.
Stayed here for a few nights whilst ‘doing Disney’ which is around a 15 minute drive away. Room was clean & comfortable but road noise could be heard. Breakfast was mediocre but fresh and offered enough choice. Disney tickets offered were more expensive than buying at the resort. Hotel offers shuttles to local resorts. Plenty of food options within walking distance.
1. Problems started at check-in. The clerk at the desk was very rude. I was charged for a night's stay prior to my check-in. I know that sometimes you are charged whenservation, but that is not what happened. I was charged the day I was supposed to check-in. When I questioned why, the clerk was very rude and told me its always that way with Choice hotels, which I know to be false. The next morning I had another charge, when my card is NEVER charged until check out.2. Breakfast was the ABSOLUTE WORST I have ever had at any hotel. The "eggs" actually tasted like powder. The "hash" was consistent with what I would expect dog food to be like, given the look and smell of it. Breakfast the second day was no better. Same eggs, left over hash from day before was put out until it was gone then potatoes were put out. Only day it was semi edible was the third day and that day my entire family got sick after eating the sausage.3. Returned to the room after being gone all day. I had 6 people registered to my room. The only towels I had left were the only ones that were clean when we went out. We had 2 towels when we returned and had to call for more. The person who brought them was visibly irritated that he had to do so. The bathroom sink and counter was dirty upon our return. The maids had done nothing but make beds.4. Sunday morning, we happened to look at one of the pillow cases and there was BLOOD on it. It was NOT our blood.5. There was no mat in the VERY slippery bathtub. My daughter almost fell when getting in the shower. We had to use a towel in the tub because we were told there are no mats.6. Upon our return to the room Sunday night, our key cards would not work. We went to the lobby and encountered Grace Ruffo. She had the worst attitude of any hotel employee I have ever encountered. Instead of apologizing for the problem, she immediately put the blame on us saying that if you request a new card they all have to be redone. We never asked until that moment for new cards. It leaves me wondering if somebody else asked for and was given a card to our room. Luckily our valuables were with us and not in the room.7. Again, when we entered the room there were no clean towels left and the bathroom sink and vanity were still dirty. There again was irritation that towels had to be brought to the room.8. In the breakfast area, there are numerous places where the ceiling tiles have fallen out and insulation is showing or hanging down. There is also dripping coming from those areas as my father was dripped on. These areas are directly above the tables.9. We had to turn the heat on in our room. There was the WORST smell I have smelled coming from the heater. We ended up turning it off and bringing extra blankets in from our car.10. Our room was next to the hall with the elevator. At the corner was a security camera. It was pointed directly at our bedroom window.
Best Quality Inn in Kissimmee, Florida. Room was clean!! Breakfast was very good. One morning had potatoes and eggs. Next morning biscuits and gravy. Did not try biscuits and gravy but a lot of guests did. This motel close to attractions. We would definitely stay here again.
Had a nice stay at this hotel! We were originally going to stay on Disney property at the Fort Willderness campground in a tent. However, after keeping an eye on the weather forecast which called for heat and storms, we made a last minute decision to find a hotel. Lucky for us we found a room here! The price was great and the room was clean and comfortable! The free breakfast was decent and plenty of choices as well. Will definitely stay here again .
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 198 rooms
- Pool (heated)
- Gift shop
- Laundry room
- Games room/arcade
- WiFi in lobby (fee)
- Free scheduled shuttle to Disney theme parks, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores
- 2 double beds
- Full bathroom
- In-room safe (fee)
- Maximum occupancy 4 persons
Resort Location Map
Continental Plaza Hotel KissimmeeKissimmee,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
7785 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy W. US 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1727
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.