Hotel Wailea Maui
- What's Included
We love our time at the Four Seasons Wailea. Back when our kids were small we were lucky enough to go annually with them. It is the ideal place for young families--the staff see to it that you have whatever you need. One visit many years ago the valet parking staff repaired our daughter's swim sweater. They patched the inner tube and were so pleased that it worked (and so were we). Now that we are a lower maintenance family, we can enjoy hours of snorkeling with the fish and the turtles and then feast on delicious food. The lunch and dinner at the beachside restaurant, Ferraro's, was excellent. Enjoying meals outside in Maui is a special occasion. There is no locally sourced vodka, olive oil, spectacular tomatoes, and fish to enjoy. Maui's development along these lines is impressive, compared to prior visits.We also got to go out in the outrigger canoe with the talented and strong beach staff--a no-extra-charge activity that brings Maui even closer to your heart. We got a nice view of Wailea (didn't see turtles from this vantage, but plenty while snorkeling) with some Maui storytelling to go with the light exercise (the guys are quite capable of paddling this canoe without the guest's assistance!).Yes, this is a pricey place, but it provides the service and amenities to justify the expense, and I hope to be back soon.
The location is fabulous, the rooms are amazing. The staff and service is excellent. We went for our anniversary and we had a great time. I will definitely go back.The serenity pool is wonderful, it has a great view. make sure you visit the concierge and sign up for all the free / paid activities you want to do.
Beautiful hotel but I would not call it 5 stars. When you arrive you are welcomed with beautiful flowers, drink and a small treat. Nice touch.Pool service is terrible. Three separate occasions I had to go get someone after waiting 30 minutes to come wait on us.The rooms are very posh but our shower door was cut short when installed so every time you take a shower the water leaks from the shower. When you get out there is a huge puddle of water. Asked house keeping for a small kids robe and never received it until I called the management 3 days later.Breakfast buffet was amazing, best part of our stay. We booked the Thanksgiving buffet thinking it would be even better than the breakfast. It was not even comparable. The Thanksgiving buffet was terrible... stuffing out of a box. Not even eatable. I think the chef forgot to show up that day.Kids club was amazing, the best we have ever seen. Great job!Outrigger Canoe guys did an awesome job. Make sure you book this.For the amount of money you pay, the service is not there. They do not stock the mini bar so be prepared to go shopping.
- This was our third stay at the property and it felt like we were "nickel and dimed" more than ever before and that the quality of the property has gone downhill despite the recent room renovations that happened since the last two times we stayed. Granted we stayed during a busy period for the hotel, but they also charge much higher rates for the period so the desire for top-notch experience is no less from our perspective.For example (1) to get fresh squeezed oj we were told there was a separate charge and that included in the buffet was "from the carton" (2) we weren't told there was a parking charge for $29 a day at time of reservation or check-in. We weren't the only ones on checkout who mentioned this, the couple next to us did too. The charge was removed, but again here, when one is on vacation one doesn't want to have to request charges removed, etc. Best to either be up front about them or not have them at all; (3) there wasn't a single meal where didn't have to ask the server to have our toddler son's food charge removed even kids under 5 eat for free, it felt like the waitstaff included it and then made you ask to have it removed. There was no asking at the outset his age, etc. This also resulted in delays in getting settled up at every meal.- Despite that we were told construction would be completed by the time of our arrival it was still in full swing. Hearing construction at the pool and lawn area late morning and afternoon made for a less than relaxing experience. Also, granted we were there during a busy period, but it didn't seem like the pool staff was that attuned to making sure the area was neat. For example, certain people would leave drink cups or small things of sunscreen empty and it sat there all day and into the evening, even sometimes blowing near the hot tubs. Didn't seem like anyone was looking after keeping the area clean. This contributed to the feel that we were at a Disney resort rather than a Four Seasons. - The Thanksgiving buffet at Duo was pretty disappointing. Although there were plentiful choices and the seafood raw bar was great, the quality of the traditional food (turkey, stuffing, gravy) wasn't great. It was almost tasteless and dry. This made sense when the server - who was super nice - told us that they had over 700 reservations that day. Suggest having the option of plated Thanksgiving dinners instead of buffet perhaps at another of the restaurants. For example, we would've happily gone to Spago instead if they'd been offering traditional Thanksgiving fare. The manager did manage to get us the table I'd requested, however, so that was appreciated.- Wifi was not working in our rooms on two separate mornings of our stay. This was a problem for my husband who needed to get work out. - Three things that remained pretty awesome: (1) the oceanside hale massage. Totally worth it and the therapist was excellent (2) The beach is great and the snorkeling set up for the kids is nice (3) the adults pool remains one of the prettiest views in Maui, but the problem there is the gamesmanship that goes into getting a seat which many other reviewers have detailed.- After three times at the property, I must say I don't think we'd return. The property and service have gone downhill considerably for some of the reasons I detailed above and others that I haven't. In contrast, the Four Seasons Manele on Lanai was excellent two years ago during Thanksgiving. I think we'd choose that for future beach stays in Hawaii.
I did not care for my room's location on the 5th floor. You really want to be on a higher floor and close to the ocean side of the hotel to experience the ocean. Our daughter was on the 7th floor but toward the road on the courtyard, and she could only hear the fountain. The rooms themselves are beautiful and spacious with huge tvs and every amenity. We were there during Thanksgiving, a very busy time, with pretty much every pool chair taken, but we never had a problem having beach chairs set up for the 8 of us and the staff was fabulous everywhere we went, stocking our car with waters and beach towels if we were headed out, finding seating for our large group at any restaurant we wished to visit, etc. The concierge was great. We do not recommend the holiday buffet unless you go early as they ran out of some items when we had a 7:30 reservation. We watched the sunset most evenings from the walk that goes along the ocean right in front of the hotel, and we snorkeled right off the beach where we saw sea turtles as well as lots of fish on the reef. Golf was great also. We played at Wailea (gold and emerald) and Kapalua (Plantation course, which we loved).
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 72 suites
- 1 pool
- Fitness centre
- Beach club
- Hydrotherapy spa
- Laundry facilities (fee)
- Wi-Fi internet
- 1 king or 2 double beds
- Living room
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Breakfast Daily(Continental)
- Weekly Managers reception
- Wireless internet throughout the hotel
- Valet or self parking
- Local phone calls
- Shuttle service to beach, shops, golf and restaurant in Wailea
- Access to the Spa (treatments available for a fee)
- Access to the business center and fitness center
- Exclusive access to off-site Wailea Beach with attendant
- Signing privileges at Grand Wailea
Resort Location Map
Hotel Wailea MauiMaui,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
3900 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753-5453
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.