- What's Included
I've stayed at 5 star resorts and hotels around the globe. I would consider The Plaza a historic hotel that leans too much on its iconic history rather than maintaining and exceptional level if service. Doormen disappear. The concierge was the least helpful man I've ever experienced in a concierge and bizzarely pretentious - which these days is dated. I'm 46 retired silicon valley - do I need to wave my bank account around so folks are not di**s. I know this is NY not SF and they still care about what you wear but it's 2017 not the 1980s . Due to the separate residential properties the entrance is disjointed and not particularly inviting. The room we stayed in was not particularly well maintained. Staff helpfulness was oddly very helpful to not wanting to give you the time of day - beyond comprehension.
We always enjoy but sits by the Plaza. Always a great experience, from the bedding to the staff etc. we particularly love the food court - brought home cupcakes and treats to our kids . We have eaten lunch in the food court in several occasions and always enjoyed the experience ! Luxury!
I'm trying different hotels in the vicinity with park view each time I'm in NYC. The suite advertised with "park view" at the Plaza for 2500/night gave me barely a glimpse of Central Park between two buildings, but plenty of views into other people's rooms and vice versa.
Stayed for 4 nights, whilst initial aesthetics are pleasing, the finer detail was missing. Torn carpet upon entrance. The staff within the champagne weren't particularly helpful and i felt watched during drinks and especially when paying bill which was unnecessary. Rooms were nice, beds very comfortable. the marble bathroom exceptional.Breakfast was nice experience, menu plentiful but cheaper alternatives available short distance away.Comparing this hotel to other 5 star hotels of same price, I felt this was of lesser standard. I enjoyed stay here, would I stay again...I'm not so sure.
We came across the Food Hall in the Plaza Hotel by chance. We loved it and visited a couple more times during our stay in NYC. There are lots of stalls selling drinks, hot food, cakes, sandwiches, pastries and handmade chocolates etc. Must mention the doughnuts courtesy of Doughnuttery - these were amazing. You order your mini doughnuts and are given a choice of different flavoured sugars to have them dipped in! We chose a selection between us, my favourite being the mulled apple cider...they were amazing. The four of us polished off 25 assorted flavoured doughnuts in less than 10 minutes - they were mini ones though!! I have been craving them ever since we returned home!Best to visit on a week day as it is very busy on a weekend.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.