- What's Included
Visited for 4 nights in July for business.Very disappointing. This hotel was once a great place. Now it seems worn out and used. The service is mediocre at best. Seems like a tourist photo spot more than anything. Most rooms in the hotel don't face the park. Those were all sold off as private residences.The elevators are extremely slow and insufficient for the number of rooms.A visit to the bar will make you sick, all the fancy colored LED light fixtures are flashing or burnt out completely.As a child I had fond memories of this hotel, those are gone now and I will never return.There are so many other hotels you'd be better off with for these prices.
Ok... picture this Christmas in New York with various family members meeting up. Naturally we wanted to do something extra-ordinary. After MUCH research we decided on The Palm Court cafe in The Plaza Hotel for Christmas Eve dinner. After all it is the Plaza, so no matter the price it will be fabulous.Um, no. Not even close, no where near it. Every part of the experience was less than average (actually the cutsie Italian place we at for a drink prior was wonderful) What really topped it off is when we were leaving (much poorer too) we dared to stop and take some pictures in front of the Christmas tree only to be pounced on by several bouncer telling us to move on, in a not so polite tone. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I certainly could not.You maybe The Plaza but that does not necessarily mean you have class. It was unforgivable that you nearly ruined our family Christmas... I said nearly because at the end of the day we do not need you or substandard service.
This is a gorgeous hotel. Beautiful rooms, great service and luxury everywhere you look. We did have some issues during our stay (air conditioner dripping twice) but these were taken care of fairly quickly. The mattress in our room most likely needs to be replaced (sagging) but it did not bother us enough to request a change of rooms. I did bring the mattress issue to the attention of management at the end of our stay. The air conditioner is strong and it was great to come from walking around in the sun and heat to a nice cool room. Everything can be controlled from the iPad....very easy and convenient. But you can also control the temperature and lights manually. Each room is provided with butler service, who introduces himself to each guest personally. We did not make use of this but it is available if you wish to do so. Great location, in midtown Manhattan, right across from Central Park. Great food court downstairs for breakfast, lunch or dinner (see separate review). And of course, there are restaurants in the hotel. We had drinks at the Palm Court, the Rose Club and a bite to eat at the Champagne Lounge. Pricey, as you would expect, but great atmosphere in all three. A highly recommended experience.
Staff was welcoming, friendly and unpretentious. Seamless experience. Beautiful room (Tower room on 18th floor). Room service was friendly and fast. Bathroom was amazing. Cannot wait to get back soon!
Yes, that's what I take away from my stay at the Plaza. I love new york cheesecake and the service told me that their version of the cheesecake with a glass of Billecart-Salmon rosé champagne would make a great New York experience... I confirm!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.