- What's Included
My daughter here and I stayed for a weekend, specifically to enjoy the Afternoon High Tea, local sights and Hamilton. There's no getting around the fact that this is a very expensive venue, but if you're not daunted by the cost it's an experience of a lifetime.The service was gracious. Hotel Clerks, Bellhops, and Concierge were always polite and helpful. There was even a Butler for the floor who offered to assist with errands! I always felt welcome and appreciated, whether wearing heels or sneakers. Bonus - the hotel car is a Tesla Gull Wing Sedan, available on a first-come first-served basis for trips within 12 blocks. It took us to the Richard Rogers Theatre for Hamilton!Foodie Paradise: in addition to the always wonderful High Tea, the basement level food court has the most beautiful pastries you'll ever find. The other restaurants are reasonably priced and very good. Room service was Amazingly Good, but super expensive. Again, comes with the territory.My daughter and I will never forget our Wonderful Weekend stay!
I stayed at the Plaza with a couple of family members recently. It's a wonderful hotel with many amenities and gracious service. Rooms are nice. Location is very good . Right next to Central Park and all the designer shopping. Good restaurants nearby. Why did I give it a four instead of a five? I've stayed at the other 5 star hotels in the area and the rooms are a bit more updated , particularly the bathrooms. There was no coffee/tea maker in the room. These are small items but it did bring it down. I'm a regular to this great city and I'm glad to have the opportunity to have stayed here. I'll likely try out other hotels in the future though. Enjoy!
Fantastic and historic hotel. Was a little expensive (which we expected) and the room smaller than we expected but the staff was fantastic and the atmosphere was great! We would highly recommend to anyone just to have the experience.
Perfectly located between central park and 5th avenue. This is a beautiful luxury hotel, but indeed very busy. You can feel the luxury as soon as your walk in. We visited the bar for a drink which was a lovely experience, staff very helpful and friendly. Of course we found the prices over priced but didn't expect any different. Would love to return here to stay!
I just returned from a 3day / 2night stay with my family at The Plaza, and left extremely disappointed. Upon our arrival, we waited 10min in the street (at our car) until someone came to help us with our luggage. Next, our room was not ready at the listed check-in time of 3pm. We ended-up waiting an additional hour until we gained access to our room (Pulitzer Suite). During the wait time, my wife and daughter needed to use the restrooms in the lobby, and waited 20 minutes. Then, after changing in our room for dinner, we exited the front of the hotel expecting to be helped with hailing a cab. Both bellmen completely ignored me and my family - to the point of being rude. We needed to walk a few blocks to get our own cab. On the following day, the disappointment continued. We were gone most of the day, and returned late in the afternoon. To our shock, the breakfast dishes, etc were never cleared from the room. In addition, the pullout couch (which had been made into a bed the night before) was not converted back into a couch. Throughout the stay, many of the staff were flat-out unpleasant.I have stayed in 5-star hotels around the world, and the level of service (or lack thereof), was by far the worst I have experienced anywhere. What made it even more disappointing, is that we all had such high hopes.For full and balanced disclosure, the room was really nice, and the food was good. The front desk took $100 off of our bill for the discomfort, which equated to 2.5% of our bill. Not nearly enough to compensate for the experience.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.