- What's Included
The Plaza hotel is my favorite place to stay at New York.Everything seems to be perfect, they take care of all details in here.Friendly staff, luxurious rooms, excellent location and convenient place as it has many restaurants and coffee shops in the lower ground floor.Can't wait till next time to stay at the Plaza.Warm thanks to everyone in here.
Called in for refreshment after a night time horse ride around the park, was made very welcome & after having a wander around the shops & eatery's downstairs we had delicious cocktails in the beautiful bar a lovely end to the evening.
We have stayed a few times at the Plaza. Everything about this hotel is top notch, even the aromatherapy smell that floats throughout the hotel. The service is impeccable, location is perfect and the rooms are stunning. I have included photos of the Carnegie Suite and a standard room. This property is worth every penny!
the marble sink was dirty. The butler or perosn in charge of the luggage did not help us carry our luggages and bags. We carried all our luggage and bags to our car. The sink was very dirty ( the side and the stand) - looks like it has thick molds.
Wow! Hard to believe we got to stay at the world famous Plaza hotel and it lived up to all our expectations and more.Walking into the lobby and being ushered through the "guests only" red ribbon was an experience in itself (especially with the addition of magnificent Christmas decorations). Check in was efficient and we were on our way up in the ornate elevators without delay.The rooms were luxurious and extremely spacious. Cant compare them to other NY hotels as this was our first trip, however our room (929) was big by the standards set in any number or other major cities we have stayed in.Our king size bed was soft and the perfect retreat after a action packed day exploring the city.The bathroom with its gold plated details was huge with a bath so big, you could walk around in. The toiletries were high quality, as you would expect and the water was lovely, as you probably wouldn't expect from a city hotel, with no shortage of hot water.The heating and lighting controls were a novelty which didn't wear off. Having everything run through an ipad was fun and we didn't experience any faulty with the system whilst in our room.Our room was on the 9th floor with a window facing 58th street but we didn't experience any noise issues from the outside. This, teamed up with the warmth and black out blinds made this space our own little bubble of peace in the middle of the busiest city on earth. We couldnt have wished for more and loved returning to our room at the end of every busy day. The reason I have deducted a mark is because my partner was celebrating her birthday during our visit and the hotel neglected to acknowledge this in any way (US border control even managed to wish her a Happy Birthday). All employees we encountered were extremely professional but I never felt they were personable. I am not one whom would expect something for nothing but this is a good example of the service i experienced in general. I appreciate that we are in no way "regulars" but I expected more. We have stayed in far inferior hotels and have been made to feel more wel come. As a once in a lifetime experience, staying at the Plaza is unbeatable, I recommend anyone who can do it, should do it. However now that it has been crossed off the bucket list and with so many other, more value for money, high class hotels available I couldn't justify the nightly rate enough to bring me back.Thank you for so many wonderful memories - UNFORGETABLE,
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.