- What's Included
My wife and I booked into the Plaza for 3 nights last summer as part of an NYC to Toronto road trip. The hotel is beautiful and you are made to feel special by the superb staff. However, we do not have the cash to be flinging around for a suite and the Double Room we had was pretty basic for the price.The housekeeping services were very poor (came home at 4pm to find everything as it was when we left after breakfast) and we found the room to be pretty uninspiring, with a view of a tower block opposite.Annoyingly, the Fairmont Group also feel it necessary to charge for wi-fi, which was something extortionate like USD 15 per day per device... As a comparison, we recently stayed at The Fairmont in Ajman and found the room, dining options, service standards and quality of fixtures/fittings to be a much higher standard at a fraction of the price.. This time, I applied for the ridiculously named "President's Club" which qualifies you for free wi-fi...The Plaza is an icon around the world - however it seems the Fairmont have settled for mediocre service standards, which is a real shame.
The hotel is everything you would expect - total luxury. The room, bed, bathroom and dressing room were amazing. Coming back after a long day's sight seeing to the gorgeous lobby filled with fresh flowers was amazing. Definitely one for a special trip :-)
I loved my stay at the Plaza. The downstairs filled with eateries was so convenient. The accessibility to everything , especially Central Park, was perfect. Room service for breakfast was a special treat and delicious. I would definitely stay again and longer next time. If you have any doubts about the Plaza, don't!
Stayed on a Saturday night for our anniversary. Got there around 1pm. Was able to get a room right away. Stay in Rose suite which was great. Didn't utilize the butler at all but that was due to us being out most of time. Had a drink at champagne bar. Super expensive but you are in the Plaza. Very touristy hotel with people walking in and out. Location is perfect to be able to do a bunch of things around area. Can't wait to go back.
We sat at the Bar through the lobby doors that has a beautiful lounge. Dan is an experienced bartender that is very worldly and knowledgeable! Very entertaining, you won't want to leave. Excellent service all around! Tony and the rest of the staff is amazing!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.