Talk to an expert who's been here!
Call 1 888 685 6888
- What's Included
About 15 years ago, when I travelled to New York for the first time, I visited The Plaza as an ordinary tourist and marveled at the lobby and the palm court. Until last month, I have travelled to New York for several times but never able to stay at The Plaza. Eventually, recent promotion at my job, enabled me to stay at The Plaza. The room is spacious with high ceilings, which is not common in the Manhattan. Bathroom is oversized with marble floor and walls, and gold plated faucets. The iconic old building is well preserved and exclusively decorated. The lightning and air conditioning is remotely controlled by an ipad provided in the rooms. The service is excellent. Last but not least, I have to mention the high quality and variety of the food you can find at the food court at the basement. In conclusion, my stay was one of exception. At the end of the day, it was a dream come true for me. Isn't that something New York city has often referred to?
The Plaza is as lovely as ever and the room was beautiful but the reason it is not a 5 star hotel any longer is the fact they have made the front of the hotel into residences. You no longer come in the front grand entrance into the beautiful lobby. It has become a boutique hotel with a side entrance, small lobby and even smaller front desk. The Palm Court is as beautiful as ever. The front desk staff and servers not overly helpful or friendly (could be my west coast view vs east coast) but the room staff and concierge staff were exceptional! The room is a great place to land and relax between excursions. One side note: we lost all of the water in our room (maybe the whole hotel) while I was in the shower (thank god I only had conditioner left in my hair by then) and called the front and was put on hold and never found out why. The water was off all night but thankfully back on by morning.
We didn't stay at the hotel, but stopped in for champagne and hors d'oeuvres. The service was amazing. The oysters were delicious. The experience was priceless. If you want a romantic "date" with your significant other, this is something you might consider.
I'm not going to waste too much time on this as I don't like to be negative in general.This hotel should be avoided, the staff were at best civil and at worst downright rude.The rooms are drab and horrible. If a 25' long suite is your idea of a nice sleeping environment, stay here! The rooms are dark and the courtyard views are gloomy.It was actually my birthday whilst we stayed there - not so much as a chocolate on the pillow let alone any mention or so much as a card. Bear in mind when we stayed in Le Meurice in Paris they put out a huge welcome basket and champagne for our anniversary.This place was a complete let down and actually almost ruined my trip as my sleep quality and experience was so poor.I would have given the Plaza 2 stars as the barmaid at the rose club was lovely but after staying at the Lotte New York Palace for the remainder of my trip and seeing what ACTUAL hospitality was like in New York, I would rate this as one of the most overpriced, arrogant and lazy establishments I have ever come across.If you're reading this and thinking about booking - go to the New York palace instead. I cannot stress how absolutely superior it is in every sense of luxury and service. This hotel is a badly run tourist trap. AVOID.
To take a break from sightseeing we went to the Plaza for a drink, it's world famous after all. The drinks were lovely and not more than you would expect for a decent hotel. Great service and well worth the experience.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.