- What's Included
I have stayed in the past based on the expectation of the hotel staff and accommodations but unfortunately this time time around was no different. Upon arrival, there was only 1 bellman available to receive incoming guests with luggage and we waited 15 minutes outside with our driver (on the clock) until I had to physically go inside the hotel to ask for a manager to obtain assistance. Upon check-in I had requested a high floor due to the city noise since I would be in conferences for most of my stay and needed time to rest. My room was on the 5th floor facing the back where construction crews were working from 11pm-4am. Once this occurred, the garbage trucks passed by at 5am. I slept 3 hours the 1st night after attending a 13 hour conference. Once this was addressed to the hotel staff, they changed my room to an interior room however I asked that I have the same type of room. It was not, still on the same floor and the bathroom shower and bathtub were not functioning correctly. The following morning, I told front desk if they could not accomodate us to a higher floor and same room we would be going next door to the Ritz Carlton. By 4pm they had a room on the 18th floor facing the same construction side (however very little noise at this level).3 times between housekeeping and other hotel staff members opened our door to access the room without announcing themselves. We started leaving the bolt on the door on because clearly the "DO NOT DISTURB" Sign meant nothing. Also, our room was not cleaned one day (stayed 5 days) and I had to return to a room that had no fresh towels and linens etc. I had to wait for housekeeping to return after an 1hr to be able to shower.All in all, the Plaza is beautiful but consider other place before dishing out the cash. Ritz Carlton next door may not have the glamorous lounge (overrated) but customer service is always been #1 priority in my experience.
This is a beautiful hotel right at Central Park. We stayed here for my son's birthday and were upgraded from a Jr. Suite to the Carnegie Suite. It was beautiful. The hotel is a classic. They sent a treat for my son for is birthday too. The staff was great. I would love to stay next time I'm in NYC.
It is true the hotel is not 100% great. For example, after signing the check for breakfast the waitress comes back to you saying the tip you gave them (12% - rounded number) is not good enough and asks you to "correct to 15%" (unless you do not want to call the hotel manager and complain about the service). Some off the staff are nice and warm, some are strict and not smiling at all. Some of them are too smarmy, some of them ask for tip with no shyness. The thing is you want it to be like this because it was like that in Home Alone! This is a classic hotel and if your budget let you visit this place, you should never ever go elsewhere. Other than a couple of flaws mentioned above, everything works perfectly here.
One of the most luxurious hotel I stayed in the USA. The ambiance is fabulous. The best you get Food Arcade located in Hotel is awesome, and you get the variety of food choice there. Must Stay Must Dine Hotel. Strongly Recommend.
The staff is alway so welcoming. They make you feel like they've known you for years and are so complimentary. The plaza is always so clean. We love the filtered jasmine smell throughout the hotel. It lives up to its 5 star standard. Wish I could stay there more frequently. We highly recommend it. I've had an excellent experience every time we've gone!
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.