- What's Included
We visited the Plaza in celebration of our daughter and her cousin's college graduation. While the afternoon tea was higher priced than we wanted to spend, we had delicious appetizers and drinks in the lounge area. They also gave us a dessert plate to ackowledge the graduation achievement. Planning to stay at the hotel overnight in February.
Perfect location, this iconic hotel certainly delivers when it comes to public rooms. Our bedroom was adequate: clean, nicely furnished but without a view. Breakfast was very good and the restaurant service first rate.Overall the hotel's service was fine, apart from the lack of concierge when we arrived at the front of the hotel in a limo from the airport. During our stay we were disappointed to be asked to show our room key before being allowed to enter the lobby. We are a well dressed pair of Brits so this made us feel quite uncomfortable. Overall we enjoyed our two days at The Plaza, however we do not plan to return.
Everything we dreamed of and more. A one in a lifetime experience. I want to be buried in the Plaza food court. If not for the tea I would have dropped a lot of money Such a beautiful place. Would love to check out a room.
Location great, rooms comfortable, but they did not go above and beyond. No one greeted us out of the cab upon arrival, bare minimum service overall. Overpriced for this kind of service. Concierge was helpful, with all others felt unnoticed. Breakfast had to ask for cream for my coffee several times, buy the time it arrived; cold coffee.
The Plaza hotel is more than just a hotel. It's an experience. Expectations are exceeded at every turn from the friendliness of the staff, hotel amenities, hotel design, the most comfortable beds I ever slept on to the location on the edge of Central Park this is my go to hotel in NYC
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Resort fees (if applicable) must be paid directly to the hotel
- Hotel transfers for packages to USA
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- 282 Hotel rooms
- 2 a la carte restaurants: The Plaza, featuring international cuisine; Rose Club, featuring lighter gourmet fare
- 3 bars
- Tour desk
- Room service
- Laundry services
- The Plaza Retail Collection
- 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds
- Beaux Arts inspired decor and chandeliers
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Guest Services panel which controls guestroom and suite contour lighting, heating and entertainment. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services, as well as cultural venues and the exquisite Shops at the Plaza
- High Speed Internet Access (fee)
- Networked high definition video-on-demand system
- Flat screen TV
- Electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid earth stone mosaic tiled Plaza bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized Mascioni bath towels and Mascioni linens
- Lavish terry or light weight Mascioni bathrobes
- Signature Miller Harris toiletries created exclusively for The Plaza
- Refrigerated private bar
- 24-hour In-room dining
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
- Fax machine upon request
- Sitting area
- Located on floors 5 to 10
Resort Location Map
The PlazaNew York,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.