Dolphin Beach Resort
- What's Included
Stayed here last summer with 3 girlfriends and our 4 teenage granddaughters, had a great time right on a perfect white sandy beach, there was a rental concession right in front, hotel relaxed, clean & comfy, nice pool, shops near by only reason it is not a five star just not snooty enough. hoping to go again next month!!
1. When we first came to this hotel, we had to move our stuff into the room 112 with a broken luggage cart and when we arrived to the room the air conditioning wasn't working. People from maintenance showed us another Room 104to move to. We went to the front desk and asked if we could move our stuff into the room 104 she said "yes" you can move your stuff into the room. While we were moving a man came over to us and said we can't do that we have to go ask permission from the front desk. We said we already did so anyways the room wasnt good because the refrigerator wasn't working. They gave us a different room 160. We checked out the room it was a king size bed and we ordered two double beds so for the fourth time we went to get a room and they finally gave us room 150 which they said was superior (picture)but the maintenance and cleaning staff said it was a standard room. There was no way to open the windows in this room to get some fresh air, since the room had terrible odor. We had to keep the door open to circulate the air. Our room was smelling and the toilet valve was not working properly. After one day in the room the refrigerator broke and my food got spoiled. A very nice staff member Steve replaced the refrigerator; he was extremely nice. 2. There was no Wi-Fi in the hotel. I asked the woman at the front desk where I can get Wi-Fi she said you have to walk around basically and try to find a Wi-Fi spot. There was no Wi-Fi. In fact I called the front desk for three hours for Wi-Fi and at 12 o'clock at night the clerk said he's also trying to get Wi-Fi but he couldn't he asked us to reboot the phone and see if that helps, obviously it didn't. I asked him to have the manager contact us in the morning. Since nobody called us in the morning we called the manager her name is Vicky and we were told that she is not available to speak to us since she was not feeling well. 3. The door was broken when we opened it it would not close we would have to close it ourselves and not just close it slam it for it to close and the door stopper was broken this is an extremely dangerours for family even the maintenance people said that (see picture)4. Everything that we ask, we had to get at the front desk by ourselves - tissues, shampoo,towels, blanket - nothing we could get from calling and when we went to get stuff they only had a limited supply and the limited supply was very little. When we check out I ask for the cartridge for luggage and it was not available and the front desk said I had to move the luggage by myself without help. I replied "should I carry my luggage on my back?". So I had to chase the carriage without help. 5. So our stay there was terrible; out of a horror movie. This property should not be classified as a resort or even a hotel. In total we spent at least 10-12 hours in trying to solve problems.The term resort may be used for a hotel property that provides an array of amenities, typically including entertainment and recreational activities. Recreational activity "catch " the wifi.
We enjoyed our first stay at the Dolphin hotel. It is in a convenient location. Our room was quite large and clean. The pool area was nice and the hotel is right on the beach. There were a few things that needed improvement which I'm mentioning so that others are aware. The WIIFI in our room never worked all week which meant that we had to go to the lobby every time we wanted to use it. We mentioned it to the desk staff several times and got a lot of excuses but no resolution. There is no safe in the room but there are safety deposit boxes at the front desk which is very inconvenient. We had to carry all of our cash and valuables with us at all times. The hotel does not provide beach towels but they give out bath towels instead which I found a bit odd. Anyway, we were able to work around these small problems however, if the management reads this review, hopefully they will rectify them.
Clean rooms, nice pool area, like the beach access. Front desk recommend Snappers for dinner. Good food, downfall we were looking for the classic beach drinks and they only served beer and wine. Great location to restaurants and Publix is right across the street.
Location was very good. It is right on the beach. There are a number of places to eat close by. The hotel has been around a while and it is exposed to the beach elements so just know this. Humidity and people coming and going from the beach can make the hotel hard to maintain. The pool was very nice. The rooms were clean. I thought it funny the pool chairs are bolted to the ground. Probably to avoid tossing when the weather is windy or to prevent you from bringing them to the beach. Instead, there are these old beat up wooden chairs on the beach for rent from someone, I don't think they are related to the hotel. I would definitely stay there again especially for the affordable price. They also have a nice bar, restaurant on site. I would avoid the restaurant, Crabby Bill, a few blocks away. The drinks are weak and the food handling is questionable.
Vacations packages include round-trip flights, accommodations, round-trip transfers (unless outlined below) to and from the hotel, and tourist cards (if required, unless outlined below).
If selecting an all-inclusive resort option, the package will also include the all-inclusive features as outlined by each resort.
Items not included:
- Travel insurance (mandatory if traveling to Cuba)
- Tourist cards ($10USD)if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing Airlines
- Departure taxes ($20USD) if traveling to Dominican Republic with Sunwing or Signarture Vacations
- Hotel transfers for packages with WestJet to USA (with exception to Honolulu)
- Hotel transfers for packages to Europe
- Items of a personal nature
- Large heated pool
- Dining room
- Patio dining
- Cocktail lounge and beach bar with entertainment
- Golf & tennis nearby
- Video games room
- Across the road from Dolphin Village with 30 stores
- 2 double beds
- Satellite TV with 3 free movie channels
- Coffee maker
- Bathroom with tub and shower
- Boulevard view
- (Max occ 4 or 4 adults & 1 child or 3 adults & 2 children)
Deluxe Beachfront Room: Same as Standard Room but gulf front.
Resort Location Map
Dolphin Beach ResortSaint Petersburg,United States
- Hotel Contacts
- Extra Info
4900 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach, FL 33706-2480
Some restaurants may be open for certain meals only and limited visits may apply. Reservations required and dress code in effect for a la carte restaurants. Time restrictions may apply for water sports.
Child pricing may only be available with select tour operators and valid for select dates and durations. Child pricing rules are subject to change without notice. Please contact one of our vacation specialists if you require assistance with child pricing.
Photo identification and/or credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy. Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges upon check-in to fulfil.
Escapes.ca makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate, however, all information on this page is subject to change without notice. Escapes.ca is not responsible for any changes, errors or omissions that may occur.